FFT HANDGUARDS vs BENELLI'S!

Djack69

3 hours ago, 12508 said:

So did they come from FFT or were they drop shipped from the manufacturer?
If the came from FFT they should've at least inspected them before shipping.

Not sure ,it shipped from FFT and he swears it has never happened before, he also said the company they come from is difficult to deal with. Mailing them back tomorrow, I will post a follow-up. 

1 hour ago, Djack69 said:

Returned and he received last week. No response...........guess he had a colonoscopy last week???

No response due to Colonoscopy? That's outpatient. In and out of the hospital in a few hours max. No recovery involved. Just a matter of waking up. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Evolution said:

No, you're not picky. Substandard is substandard. No matter how you cut it.

Thanks,I'm not trying to be an ass but the benelli handguards just look so much better. Everything else I have ordered from FFT has been great,and will continue to order parts from him...........now I just have a spare set of "beater" handguards ?

On 6/25/2021 at 2:38 PM, Djack69 said:

Replacements are in,maybe I'm just a picky bastard but for a $100 piece of plastic I will just stick with the Benelli handguards!

20210625_153331.jpg

20210625_153336.jpg

20210625_153340.jpg

Screenshot_20210625-153553_Gallery.jpg

wait....so the top two pics are the NEW ones after you sent back the initial messed up set and the last pic is the OEM handguards?  If so, why should you get stuck with the beater handguards if you're not even going to use them...unless they're free.  If anything, the manufacturer should eat the cost since it probably costs them $5 to make or less.  If they're not good enough to use, why can't you just return them for your money back?  Then the owner of FFT can decide what he wants to do with them.  Everyone knows gun people are anal as fuck so wanting to return a blemished unit shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone involved in the industry.  If you were in the military here or overseas or something using your m4 for work daily, a defect like that wouldn't even get noticed because it wouldn't be worth the hassle of even composing an email about it.  But I think most of FFT's customers are probably people who like to build and collect nice shit.  If you couldn't visually see it, it wouldn't be as bad but if it annoys you every time you look at it, that sucks.  In todays world, I think most childrens toy guns made in China are made with a higher quality than that.  I know some people are like "It's a tool who cares..."  but the reality of manufacturing quality these days is that it is super duper high.  And if you don't complain about it...those workers are going to think that type of work is acceptable which isn't doing anyone any favors.

Edited by DailyEDC
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, 03svt said:

Poor mans mod IMO. I never understood in getting these hand guards; there are plenty of other 922r parts to swap out that additionally enhance performance, and why take any quality away from your gun ?

And who exactly is supposed to be making sure that we're all in compliance anyway?  I've never been in a situation where my shotgun was inspected to make sure it had a certain number of USA made parts on it.  All the cops I've talked to about shotguns didn't even care if the shotgun was shorter than 18 inches or if it had a shorter stock, they only cared about it being legally owned and being used responsibly on BLM land or whatever.  I'm not saying it's not important, just wondering if anyone has ever had to prove that the parts were made in the US to any authority?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, DailyEDC said:

wait....so the top two pics are the NEW ones after you sent back the initial messed up set and the last pic is the OEM handguards?  If so, why should you get stuck with the beater handguards if you're not even going to use them...unless they're free.  If anything, the manufacturer should eat the cost since it probably costs them $5 to make or less.  If they're not good enough to use, why can't you just return them for your money back?  Then the owner of FFT can decide what he wants to do with them.  Everyone knows gun people are anal as fuck so wanting to return a blemished unit shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone involved in the industry.  If you were in the military here or overseas or something using your m4 for work daily, a defect like that wouldn't even get noticed because it wouldn't be worth the hassle of even composing an email about it.  But I think most of FFT's customers are probably people who like to build and collect nice shit.  If you couldn't visually see it, it wouldn't be as bad but if it annoys you every time you look at it, that sucks.  In todays world, I think most childrens toy guns made in China are made with a higher quality than that.  I know some people are like "It's a tool who cares..."  but the reality of manufacturing quality these days is that it is super duper high.  And if you don't complain about it...those workers are going to think that type of work is acceptable which isn't doing anyone any favors.

Yes the pics are of the "better ones" I  am going to send them back for a refund.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, 03svt said:

Poor mans mod IMO. I never understood in getting these hand guards; there are plenty of other 922r parts to swap out that additionally enhance performance, and why take any quality away from your gun ?

I had no idea they would be like this, I  expected quality,not what I  got. Back they go again.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DailyEDC said:

And who exactly is supposed to be making sure that we're all in compliance anyway?  I've never been in a situation where my shotgun was inspected to make sure it had a certain number of USA made parts on it.  All the cops I've talked to about shotguns didn't even care if the shotgun was shorter than 18 inches or if it had a shorter stock, they only cared about it being legally owned and being used responsibly on BLM land or whatever.  I'm not saying it's not important, just wondering if anyone has ever had to prove that the parts were made in the US to any authority?

I always wondered as well, I spoke to another M4 owner at a gun shop as well and he basically said "who's gonna know"?

1 minute ago, Djack69 said:

I always wondered as well, I spoke to another M4 owner at a gun shop as well and he basically said "who's gonna know"?

I've never heard of anyone getting their shotgun inspected to that level of detail.  They mainly just want to know if it's stolen or if you're a felon or have any previous history with the law, if you pass that stuff, they usually move on to the next pressing task.  I don't know how many specific laws like this exist but if it's a lot of them, it might be hard for them to recall all the laws when they're dealing with some serious life or death shit.  I can't picture them being like "hey wait...your barrel looks a little short, let me measure that shit."  some might since guns are a serious matter....but I don't know how they are going to make sure my Geissele trigger is made in the USA or not...no cop I know has the time or patience to deal with something like that....And what if they find that your trigger was actually made in China instead of the USA like you claimed, that's just a pile of paperwork for them to now have to deal with for zero financial incentive or recognition on a gun that's legally owned and not stolen.  I'm sure they have other stuff they'd rather be working on...

• Like 1

Under normal circumstances, I agree completely. Nobody is going to sniff around your guns doing a proctological examination looking for an infraction.

But things like that usually happen coincidental to some other event, totally by accident. These days you never know when you might run into some brainwashed, robotic prick, who may want to push an issue.

It's federal. That's why a lot of people choose to observe 922R however ridiculous it may be. Myself included. It's up to each individual to decide for themselves. I don't judge either way.

Like in California for example, if you replace a "muzzle brake" device with a normal flash hider on a particular rifle, you can be arrested and charged with possession of an "assault weapon"- a felony. Keep a "muzzle brake" on it, and all is well.

Completely insane and ridiculous but, that's what can happen if caught.

Edited by Evolution
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Evolution said:

Under normal circumstances, I agree completely. Nobody is going to sniff around your guns doing a proctological examination looking for an infraction.

But things like that usually happen coincidental to some other event, totally by accident. These days you never know when you might run into some brainwashed, robotic prick, who may want to push an issue.

It's federal. That's why a lot of people choose to observe 922R however ridiculous it may be. Myself included. It's up to each individual to decide for themselves. I don't judge either way.

Like in California for example, if you replace a "muzzle brake" device with a normal flash hider on a particular rifle, you can be arrested and charged with possession of an "assault weapon"- a felony. Keep a "muzzle brake" on it, and all is well.

Agree completely. It's up to you to decide. Rules & regulations usually are not meant to be 2A friendly. Compliance w/922a is relatively simple, albeit expensive and a waste of money.  Hense this is a hill I do not choose to die on. 

Back to the original subject of these crappy handguards. I have used FFT several times with no issues at all. I will likely continue (for now). 

But in the end these are being sold & promoted by FFT, not a third party.  As such, his name and reputation  has been cast in doubt. 

Once is an honest mistake.  Twice  in a row? To the same person? With the same item? Where will the next corner be cut?  I think it is up to FFT to remove the shadow that has been cast here with these sub par items, soon.  Too many other places to shop.

My 2cents

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Evolution said:

Yeah I can see the 922R issue being brought to light if you're involved in a serious case of some sort....a thorough lawyer or prosecutor probably uses a checklist that has checking this type of thing on there if they're trying to build a case against you.  And it's an inexpensive way to have peace of mind so you can confidently use your gun...And I guess it's a good thing because it ultimately stimulates the industry bringing about more innovation and products.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1