Benelli m4 front post crooked?

trevor1030

One of mine was off as well. You can adjust it with a small, specialized 3.5 mm wrench (available on amazon) but the threads are easily stripped on the OEM. I replaced it with a post from Blitzkrieg components.

https://www.blitzkriegcomponents.com/benelli-shotgun-sight-posts.html

The threads are not so delicate on the replacement.

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, trevor1030 said:

Hi all, curious if anyone else has a crooked front sight post? My Benelli M4 I just noticed today is way off to the left is there anyway to adjust this or am I just screwed? Thanks 

Yep. Mine is off too. Many have come that way from the factory. Great work there, Benelli. Nice attention to detail. 🙄

• Upvote 1

Yeah, the design of the front sight is such that you can move it laterally for windage adjustment first, rather than using the rear sight to adjust for windage.

It moves laterally, move it to the right to adjust POI to the left and move it to the left to adjust POI to the right.

The same as an M14 rifle or M1 Garand. Proper procedure is to first move the front sight to obtain windage zero and use the rear sight only if the windage zero cannot be obtained by moving the front sight laterally. 

Optimally, the rear should be able to stay centered-with all the adjustment needed to zero windage gained by moving the front sight first.

The problem with the Benelli designed front post, is that the post itself can spin sideways on it's axis while you tighten the nut that secures it, resulting in a sideways tweek of the post.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2022 at 10:25 AM, StreetSweeper56 said:

One of mine was off as well. You can adjust it with a small, specialized 3.5 mm wrench (available on amazon) but the threads are easily stripped on the OEM. I replaced it with a post from Blitzkrieg components.

https://www.blitzkriegcomponents.com/benelli-shotgun-sight-posts.html

The threads are not so delicate on the replacement.

these are excellent, use them in every fsp I can!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, StrangerDanger said:

I know of some M4 barrels that had the front sight tower brazed in the wrong spot. Benelli warrantied them. 

It seems mine was brazed in the wrong spot as well. However mine has aftermarket work on it from Agency Arms, so im curious if they will even warranty it. Because my front sight tower is definitely brazed in the wrong spot, no matter what i do it is off to the left almost canted if you will. Very bothersome as it was a very expensive gun.  Thanks! 

Edited by trevor1030

Sucks to hear that. Benelli may play nice with you about it. They’re going to almost certainly want the whole gun back to check headspacing. I’m not sure what work you have done from Agency.

You have some options available though. Take off 18.5” barrels sell for around 500-600 these days. 

You could also just ditch the front and rear iron sights entirely and run an optic clutter free. This is the route I’ve been going for the past 4 years or so.