Rx Arms Benelli M4 M-LOK® Heat Shield (for Polymer Benelli M4 Handguard)

RxArms

Hey all,

Excited to announce this project, which I've been developing since Fall of 2022.  Specifically designed to be fully compatible with the OEM Polymer 2pc Benelli M4 Handguard (Benelli 70117, and Benelli 70116).  This brand new concept revolutionizes the way the Benelli M4/M1014 handles.  It gives the user multiple options for accessory attachments, protecting hands from barrel heat, all while retaining the superior and unmatched ergonomics of the original Polymer 2pc Benelli M4 Handguard.  Machined from billet 6061-T6 and mil spec hard coat annodized.

Once installed, this Heat Shield offers fast, and tool-less takedown of the Benelli M4/M1014. Fully compliant with ARDEC Solicitation DAAE-30-98R-0401.  It is not any slower to take down the weapon than if you didn't have the heat shield on at all.  

The design requires an Rx Arms Optic Mount to function (as the receiver optic mount has a boss hole which accepts the heatshield).  Initially will be offering a mil spec picatinny rail, and RMR rail.  To follow will be the aimpoint T2, and P2 rails in early 2024 it is looking like.  All optics will co witness from close range to long range.

If you are interested, you can sign up on the waitlist at rxarms.com.

It is looking like Q4 2023 for availability.  If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer anything I can.  

benelli M4 heat shield for benelli m4 handguard pic 1.jpeg

benelli M4 heat shield for benelli m4 handguard pic 3.jpeg

benelli M4 heat shield for benelli m4 handguard pic 4.jpeg

Edited by RxArms
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 10

Price point seems high to me.For pretty much half a handguard..And then you need an optic mount too ..Kinda makes a heavy gun just heavier to mount a light .Good idea if your into that kinda setup .Not much advantage to run it other then a light mount ..Not bashing it 

Edited by rubicon20032003

21 minutes ago, rubicon20032003 said:

Price point seems high no me.For pretty much half a handguard.And then you need a optic mount too 

Wish I could lower it, but it’s an expensive piece to machine, it isn’t just an extrusion like other handguards, it’s machined from billet inside and out.  It’s 16” long, and has some precision machining on it which is costly.

as for the optic cost, new M4 owners won’t feel the cost as much as older M4 owners as they haven’t upgraded anything yet.

Picatinny is the cheapest way to upgrade.  I might adjust the pricing before offering it for sale, trying to make it as cheap as I can.

Edited by RxArms
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, EzGoingKev said:

It looks nice.

I see the rear portion is raised up to mate with your optic mount. 

A lot of us already running Scalarworks Sync mount. How does it mate up with that?

Also, is it only secure off in the center of the barrel using the bolts and clamp?

No compatibility with any other mount than the ones I am offering.  The boss and boss hole add strength near the reciever and allow a tool less takedown.  Other wise it would not be possible, and there would not be any contact at the rearward part of the shield to keep it secure.

it is secured by a clamp on the mid barrel guide ring.  The shield itself is 1/8” thick to ensure proper stiffness at the front.

In my testing of many hundreds of slugs and buck, with a 2 cell weapon light near the muzzle, it has held up very well, with no signs of movement once it has been secured in place.  

Edited by RxArms
  • Like 1

RxArms,  thanx for doing this stuff!

Hope you at least make enough $$ to keep you interested in doing this type of thing for a while.

How much does the guard weigh?

Looks awesome BTW, nice work!

Have you thought of doing QD cups on the front mount?  Or is that covered by the M-Lok?

Edited by les_garten
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, les_garten said:

RxArms,  thanx for doing this stuff!

Hope you at least make enough $$ to keep you interested in doing this type of thing for a while.

How much does the guard weigh?

Looks awesome BTW, nice work!

Have you thought of doing QD cups on the front mount?  Or is that covered by the M-Lok?

Thanks!  This one is going to be a big venture for me, so far interest has been good.

the weight is 188g (6.6oz) with all hardware included.

I have considered doing QD cups on the bracket, but ideally QD mounts should be mounted higher up on a 2 point tactical sling setup, when the gun hangs in front of you it will sit nicely when tight, if the QD mount is as least mid way between the barrel and the mag tube from a weight balance perspective.  So any of the mlok slots are a good choice to attach an mlok QD accessory.  

• Upvote 1

your awesome bro, impressive! 

I dont see why people even leave a comment to complain about innovation, the fact is.. this is what alot of people have been looking for! Also QD can be added to the mlok 

good stuff! I have never bought from you but have recommended you, if / when I pick up another M4 in the future, I will be getting some of your gear.

now check this brother.. I will probably be getting the 14" sbs in the future.. can / will you make one for that model? 

🤔 🧐 

Edited by brightt
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, brightt said:

your awesome bro, impressive! 

I dont see why people even leave a comment to complain about innovation, the fact is.. this is what alot of people have been looking for! Also QD can be added to the mlok 

good stuff! I have never bought from you but have recommended you, if / when I pick up another M4 in the future, I will be getting some of your gear.

now check this brother.. I will probably be getting the 14" sbs in the future.. can / will you make one for that model? 

🤔 🧐 

Thanks!  I’ve been asked about the SBS.  I haven’t looked at the mlok spacing, and I don’t have a 14” barrel to test out as that is illegal in Canada (14” barrel semi auto).

chances are slim… 

however, it might be possible to hack off some front slots with a good aluminum cut off blade, and debur and then do a touch up annodizing kit on it.

m4 barrel is 18.5 inch, so I guess the SBS would need a heat shield that is 4.5” less. Just measured and you’d lose the front 3 slots.

maybe I’ll try to make a few during the production run and I’ll send one off to someone to test… :)

Edited by RxArms
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, RxArms said:

Thanks!  I’ve been asked about the SBS.  I haven’t looked at the mlok spacing, and I don’t have a 14” barrel to test out as that is illegal in Canada (14” barrel semi auto).

chances are slim… 

however, it might be possible to hack off some front slots with a good aluminum cut off blade, and debur and then do a touch up annodizing kit on it.

m4 barrel is 18.5 inch, so I guess the SBS would need a heat shield that is 4.5” less. Just measured and you’d lose the front 3 slots.

maybe I’ll try to make a few during the production run and I’ll send one off to someone to test… :)

Get some good measurements from some folks here and it looks like you could do that, clever fellow that you are.  Isn't the muzzle end floating?

Edited by les_garten
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, RxArms said:

chances are slim… 

Brother I thought Canada had no restrictions on SBS, semi-auto or pumps? Did something change recently? You more than likely know better than me since you live there. Either way, these look nice and functional. Keep up the good work 👍🏾

1 hour ago, Ceephus said:

Brother I thought Canada had no restrictions on SBS, semi-auto or pumps? Did something change recently? You more than likely know better than me since you live there. Either way, these look nice and functional. Keep up the good work 👍🏾

Pumps we can have short barrels as long as it is from factory (not restricted at all).  Semi auto Center fire needs to have a minimum 18.0” barrel.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, les_garten said:

Get some good measurements from some folks here and it looks like you could do that, clever fellow that you are.  Isn't the muzzle end floating?

Muzzle end is floating yes, with SBS would get the slots after the bracket but the front 3 on the full length would be gone.  Would look pretty good I think.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2023 at 10:00 PM, RxArms said:

chances are slim… 

I have a sbs..You need a measurement or a beta tester let me know.Got your titanium cap yesterday..it’s a nice product 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can't even begin to describe how long I've been looking for a handguard that allows me to mount a weapon light far forward, without butchering the ergo, weight, and reliability that comes with the OEM polymer handguard. Never thought the answer would come in the form of an mlok heat shield, so hats off for creating such an innovative and genius design!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, EzGoingKev said:

The IWC light mount clamps onto the same part of the barrel but it has a lip that fits into the sling mount groove. They also put sling QD mount on the bottom of each side.

When you designed your mounting bracket do you look at how IWC did theirs?

Yes.  However, their bracket clamp method is “proprietary” so I didn’t pursue that path.

additionally, the rear barrel hanger is known to be off Center at times.  On all my guns none of them have a straight rear barrel hanger, and all of them are different.  I’ve come up with a solution to offset the clamp to center it for the user, which would not be possible using the same clamp design as the IWC.

There are plenty of mlok slots to mount a QD on the heat shield, the bracket doesn’t need one.  And the user can put their QD wherever they want.  Some will want far forward, some will prefer near the rear barrel hanger, so I decided to let the user do what they want.

• Upvote 1

On 6/25/2023 at 9:03 PM, RxArms said:

Muzzle end is floating yes, with SBS would get the slots after the bracket but the front 3 on the full length would be gone.  Would look pretty good I think.

Can you maybe add a piece that closes that floating gap? As in 90 degrees piece down to touch the barrel so if the guard is pressed down it does move, I feel like that could strengthen and stabilize it. My only concern is that without it it will eventually wiggle in the front.