Walnut Furniture for Benelli M4 Just Dropped

John P.

Been wondering if we’d ever have the option of buying wood sets.  These are Panzer Arms from Turkey—one of the clone makers (“Turknellis”) that sells clone versions with these stocks.  I wish Benelli made wood furniture for the M4, but it is what it is.  

Cheapest right now for $70 at PSA, and also available for $100 at MidwayUSA.  Better pics at this site, but they are sold out.

I’ll follow up once my set arrives.  If they’re good to go, I’ll likely add QD swivels and a Limbsaver as I did here.  If the finish is glossy I’ll probably also use steel wool to make them matte.

IMG_5166.jpeg

IMG_5204.jpeg

IMG_5207.jpeg

IMG_5205.jpeg

IMG_5208.jpeg

Edited by John P.
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Oh man, I want that wood stock so bad but I couldn't find it anywhere. There is one company that I mentioned in another post that carried them, but they said it was a wood stock that goes for another Benelli model but fits the M4 as well. Are those stocks walnut? PLEASE let us know how it goes with these parts I want to see an actual Benelli rocking one of these wood stocks. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, John Doe said:

I wouldn't use the handguard. I would only use the stock personally. 

Makes sense, I kind of like the full look.

19 minutes ago, John P. said:

I use other US-made parts to hit my number, so this isn’t a consideration for me.  

Same for me but I just know most people choose that as a cheap option. I guess most of us why would appreciate it would meet requirements other ways. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, John P. said:

Between the comments on Reddit and here, I’m pretty certain this is becoming another missed revenue opportunity for Benelli.  

There are a lot of things Benelli is missing out on, but I don't think they care. I guess it is our fault because we keep buying their guns lol.

Ordered mine on Tuesday evening when I saw this post - the furniture arrived today.  Probably the fastest shipping from PSA that I've ever experienced...! Don't necessarily think I'll put this furniture on either of my guns, but it's an option for the future.  I'll likely just stick them in the gun room and when some guy asks for these in eleven years I'll sell him my $900 set of wooden furniture... lol.

Would be nice if there was some type of heat shield on the forearm as the wood is pretty thin and I can imagine it getting pretty hot with moderate usage.

i-8jq3ZXd-X3.jpg

i-kpws4wZ-X3.jpg

i-rWDdNqz-X3.jpg

i-n5B6qN6-X3.jpg

i-cBFRz9j-X3.jpg

i-ft2Gcvs-X3.jpgll

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

They look nice!  On the Benelli M4 group on Reddit some people have posted that the provided hardware doesn’t attach to the OEM Benelli recoil tube.  Luckily the hardware from my Mesa Tactical Urbino would probably work.  

It’s a bit of a bummer that this stock doesn’t attach like the OEM Benelli field stock (no tools required).  Maybe if all else is good about the stock I’ll try to replicate the OEM tool less design.

Or maybe this’ll go in my gun gear storage along with my other 2 Benelli M4 stocks.  

I was planning on putting them on just for a photo op, and then stashing away with the other extra benelli parts. If the hand guards fit as tight as a couple posts on the other board mentioned, I won’t be forcing them in. Sounds like they may need a bit of fitting work beforehand. 

Also as far as the stock and its Urbino styled attachment, that sort of makes it less appealing to me now. Just my own .02; I don’t like how the mesa stocks bolt up. Esp now if you have to chase threads or change bolts, adding washers etc. whatever not like that’s a lot of work but I wouldn’t want to shoot it installed that way and am leery of maybe boogering-up my receiver extension threads.

Anyway don’t mind me, I’m just a little bored and anxiously waiting for my order to be delivered. They do look quite nice and as said previously, for $70 you can’t go wrong.

- Debbie downer out - 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, John P. said:

Me, too, and I’m the one who told everyone about ‘em.  😂

As soon as I saw your post I jumped on it. My original plan was to Cerakote OD Green the new M4 for the moment at least until next week when I get the wood stock. It does require modifications to fit in just going to move forward with plan A.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nyc71 said:

As soon as I saw your post I jumped on it. My original plan was to Cerakote OD Green the new M4 for the moment at least until next week when I get the wood stock. It does require modifications to fit in just going to move forward with plan A.

One of my M4's is Cerekoted OD green, Bazooka Green is the actual color name, it looks great!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1