SBE II wish

gowest

I believe the SBE II is one of the best guns on the market today. That said, I really wish they would take the walnut and flat metal model and make it something nicer. No offense to current owners, but it currently looks a little like an 870 express. What happened to high gloss, dark wood and blued metal parts? Similar to the "Flyway" edition without the engraving and diamond plate. Just my wish, but for $1200+- I would like something more appealing and classic.

I agree, but I do have the wood and matte version of the SBEII....believe me, when someone sees it they do take a second look normally followed with a "what kind gun is that".....so I believe that even though a nice blued shiney finish would get attention and look great, it still gets it's fair share of admiration as it is.

Originally posted by EFLOYD:

I agree, but I do have the wood and matte version of the SBEII....believe me, when someone sees it they do take a second look normally followed with a "what kind gun is that".....so I believe that even though a nice blued shiney finish would get attention and look great, it still gets it's fair share of admiration as it is.

I have to agree with EFLOYD.

I have an M2 and it is wood and mat finish on the barel. The receiver is blued though. All of the guns the dealer showed me were the plastic or camo "BASS BOAT" style. Now I know I will get flamed for that. But that is my personal preference. I got one of the only wood versions they had. I like the wood finish. My old (late 1960's) 870 is wood and it has gotten many ducks and geese.

Every where I take it people have to ask what gun it is. Since it is wood they don't recognize t as a Benelli.

I was back in the gun shop last weekend and they were delivering some guns back to fellow that bought what was called executinve wood for his Benelli's. The cost was about $1000 per gun installed. Boy was it nice wood though.

Mike :D

Wood guns just don't appeal to the average Benelli buyer. Most want camo or black.

Most of our duck hunting is from tanks, and they are heck on wood stocks.

Nice wood SBE II's would just collect dust here.

Maybe they should have a special order one?...

mudhen - CA

Yesss, now you're talking. My SBEII was a gift from my other half (notice I did not say 'better', hehe)....but when I mentioned "man, I'd like to have that flyway edition"....she replied, "well, you shoulda said they had one, you coulda had it"...well, I am just now recovering from the bruising I gave myself while kicking myself in the...well you know the rest of the story...

Originally posted by tucker301:

I wonder what they'd say if they saw this one?

http://tinyurl.com/3wcx4

I think tha he also did an Olive drab one. I liked it better. But again given the choice I would still choose wood.

If you were in the military and somewhere that was not so pleasant, I would in that case chose one that matches the environment that I was in.

Mike :D

Tucker.....they broke the mold on this one, no more available. As for tuna....the weather has prevented just about everyone from getting out. There has been some wahoo, a king or two, and bottom fish caught that I'm aware of. The redfish are thick in the shallows during the afternoon heatup and on the beach in the surf on nice days...did I say 'thick'?? I will be at Cape Lookout on Saturday for reds and specks..........

sorry crazy hair some techniqal marvel happened on this end..

plug length/ gun design .. hunting applications and shell quantity vary from state to state on various game.. there's no law on the target ranges.. just rules.

for instance the Franchi 'Fenice' and 'Grifone' are 5+1 ... total capacity