M4 Receiver Optic Rail - Why it sucks with Picatinny 1913 spec Optic Mounts (Pics)

Duggan

Read correctly.:D

We have a few with very minor blem's that do not affect function. I don't mind giving you one. The blem's vary from minor lettering defects etc which are only issues I would notice, and in all likelihood the anodizing process will probably mask it to some extent. Besides, I want the first one that goes out to SAVE someone from a bad experience. Been there and hoping this will fix your LaRue/T1 dillema.

I think you should do a limited edition set of the rails, and send me #1 of 100 due to my thread being the inspiration for their creation ... That would drive M1014 crazy with rage, and it would allow me to put my T1 on my Benelli for the first time ever. It would be even better if you anodized them gold color :D

In all seriousness, I'd love to pay to have one of the first batch (because handouts are for communists).

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cleefurd
Yeah. Big Brother doesn't look too fondly on anti-government sentiment! :rolleyes:

If Big Brother furnishes the bullet, with instructions to deliver it to the enemy, it is compliance. Two would be better, for zombies, when a double tap is required.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cleefurd
I have been following this thread for the past year.

I also have not mounted my T1/ Larue mount awaiting Kip's rail system.

Good stuff is worth waiting for.

We expect the "Lincoln Plating" samples back from anodizing any day now. If they pass muster, we will send off the whole batch, and list them with an ETA in our store. They have been revised since last shown, with subtle enhancements towards ergonomics.

As for the blem's there was only one, which has been promised already.

More very soon.

Do the Military use a different rail, or are they mounting anything custom made for this out of spec rail?

They are mounting Aimpoints which use a full cross-bolt system and are largely unaffected by the off-spec rail. However, the LaRue mount is the best mount out there (somewhat arguably, but not really), and it won't work on the rail. The fact that the LaRue mount is good enough to inspire custom rail should explain how awesome it is.

We expect the "Lincoln Plating" samples back from anodizing any day now. If they pass muster, we will send off the whole batch, and list them with an ETA in our store. They have been revised since last shown, with subtle enhancements towards ergonomics.

As for the blem's there was only one, which has been promised already.

More very soon.

They are mounting Aimpoints which use a full cross-bolt system and are largely unaffected by the off-spec rail. However, the LaRue mount is the best mount out there (somewhat arguably, but not really), and it won't work on the rail. The fact that the LaRue mount is good enough to inspire custom rail should explain how awesome it is.

Thanks for the explanation. I have a LaRue low mount for my Aimpoint, cant wait for the new rail.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Here's just the rail (comes with a side rail too)

http://www.sidearmor.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=28_30&products_id=76

I may end up getting that and try to put a light on the side. (dunno if that'll work or not)

If you do it, report back how that works. I think it would be too far back to mount a light--that too much of the light would be disrupted by the barrel and magazine, casting a large shadow.

• 1 month later...

Update - Justice has arrived.

The replacement, vastly superior rail from Carriercomp is now completed and shipping.

http://shop.carriercomp.com/product.sc?productId=6&categoryId=5

One of the M4s few weak links has now been fixed!

Thanks to Carriercomp for making this possible.

There also now is another alternative to the stock rail made available by Sidearmor ... it is a much larger rail, with options for forward light mounting above the handguard and 2 different shell carriers.

This rail is available with and without the center cut rail groove ... be sure to order without if you order!

http://www.sidearmor.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=28_30&products_id=70

Either option should be good to go and vast improvement over the stock option. Personal preferences are personal, etc.