New Rail for M4!!

Diabolus

Did they start knocking the edges off of the shell carrier so they don't cut into the plastic hulls?

I've been using mine for about a week now and I have not noticed any issues. the edges of the shell holder don't seem sharp, so maybe any issues have been resolved in the new version.

Diabolus,

With that LaRue mount, where do the irons fall in the T-1 window? Down toward the bottom or closer to the center? I tend to prefer an absolute/center co-witness and a lower cheek weld, so I might run the standard mount that the T-1 comes with instead of the LaRue mount which raises it a bit. As much of a LaRue fanboy as I am. ;) BTW, great pics!

Yah, sorry I must have missed the post. The irons are low on the mount and do not co-witness.

It would have to be a very low mount to get those irons to co-witness.

Is the standard mount a quick-detach?

No, but if the irons co-witness through the tube, it doesn't really need to be. Red dot goes belly-up (unlikely with the Aimpoint Micro), you use your irons through it and drive on. If you do want to add a quick release capability to the original (and super low) Aimpoint Micro mount, Google "aimpoint micro lrp conversion kit" and you'll find a $35 option which will give you just that. Just my $0.02, but if you CAN co-witness...you should. ;)

Just took three minutes (Yes, very easy) to install the SideArmor short rail. SWEET. Very well crafted. This rail isn't going to distort any mounts. P-rail every bit as nice as a Daniel Defense or LWRC rails I've used w/o issues. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !!! Went with the 6 shot holder and that seems ideal to me as well.

Edited by BigHat

Sweet! Did you get the one with or without the center channel and why?

As noted in my post above I got the SHORT rail. As you can see on their site, there is no center channel option.

Now the reason I don't like the Benelli OEM rail is that it has a center channel, so no way I'd buy what I'm trying to get away from. I wanted a solid rail that locks up optic mounts tight and can easily handle the recoil from a shotgun.