Stiff Safety - Benelli Response

Montefeltro

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, for checking into the safety problem. Just picked up my SBE2 thur and had Gander Mt. swap out the spring.

The only comment other than the gun being great is the paint job....

The graphics are very clear but at the edges of the gun the paint is comming off. Now I don't want to sound like my barbie did'nt come with a ken doll but....Maybe use a dark primer instead of the white/cream to help hide the nicks. Also work on the paint adhesion. Yep, I know in a production situation you can't just make snap changes but check it out. I only mention this because my 835 is nine years old and the paint is in great condition.

PS: Drove to the range from gander and put 5 boxes through it. Awsome!

Thanks for the quick turn around time. I sent my trigger assembly over night last Thursday. I got it back today in the mail. Less than a week turn around considering the weekend. Also major difference in the safty now. Great customer service.

I got my Left handSBE II.You guys had me scared on the safety.Althuogh it seems a little stiff it is something that I find functional and after a lifetime of reaching around for the saftey on a right-handed gun its a snap.Fired 80 rounds without a hitch so far.

I just bought a gorgeous SBE II Pacific Flyway Limited edition. I love the gun, but am very disappointed that the safety is extremely stiff. I just emailed Benelli requesting shipping info. I will keep everyone posted on how quickly the fix is turned around. From what I have read however, it sounds like Benelli's customer service is outstanding!!! - Tim

Pentale,

If you sent your trigger group to the Accokeek address, then I can assure you an alternate trigger spring was installed. I have personally changed each and every one that has come here. I did not attempt to pass judgement as to whether or not it was already acceptable....I just removed the safety plunger spring, installed the alternate spring, function tested and visually inspected the assembly. If you feel there is something else we can do to assist you, by all means please let us know.

Customer Service Manager

Benelli USA

Montefeltro; you must have good eyes and steady hands because you do good work I support you and Benelli for handling this matter and again say you did a great job of cust service You all have my Kudos!!!!

ps just for info how many have you done?

Again Thank you will continue to support Benelli when my

wife says I can !!

David Jansma

Anyone who contacted [email protected] would have received instructions to send their trigger group to Accokeek, MD. If you called our regular customer service, then a return authorization number would have been assigned and you'd have been given the address of our facility in Pocomoke, MD.

If you sent your trigger to Pocomoke, don't worry. I'm taking a trip there on Thursday and will take care of any trigger groups that are there.

As for the number we have received so far........34.

Customer Service Manager

Benelli USA

I DID NOT receive a return authorization number from Customer Service. I called and asked where to send my trigger assembly for the stiff safety spring repair they were doing, and the women who answered the phone confirmed the address and told me to mark it attention C. Day!!! Sounds like some of your people don't have the message! Anyhow, Thanks Montefeltro for your message and follow-up.

I think "he" is really a "she". Anyway, perhaps my safety already had the same spring being used as a replacement, for I honestly couldn't tell a difference. If you SBE II owners had a safety button that much stiffer than my M2, I feel for you. But the effort, service, and turnaround time was nothing short of fantastic. Kudos to Christine, your a great asset to Benelli customers!

[ 08-11-2004, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: Pentale ]

Well I sent my trigger assembly to the correct address via priority mail last Friday. Purchased the delivery confirmation and according to the USPS website, it hasn't been received by Benelli yet. :mad: So much for 2-3 day delivery. I knew I should have overnighted the darn thing. :rolleyes: Hopefully it shows up at Benelli shortly. I haven't even shot the darn thing yet and teal season is coming up shortly.

SPRIGS--I had the same problem. I sent my trigger group via USPS Priority Mail and bought the delivery confirmation on 7-29. As of 8-10 I they had not received it. I called customer service with USPS and they said I had to wait 30 days to file my insurance claim. But, later that afternoon UPS dropped off my repaired trigger group and as of now, the post office still has not posted that Benelli has received it. Hopefully this is the same problem with yours.

Well, I am very DISAPPOINTED with Benelli's customer service. When I requested that the safety spring be swapped on my gun, I made it clear that I required the trigger group back by today. I made that clear in my initial e-mail as well as in the letter that accompanied my trigger group. Had it been overnighted back to me, I would have received it yesterday. Insteady, it was sent UPS ground and I will not receive it until next Wednesday. The fact that (1) I had to pay to ship the trigger group to Benelli is ludicrous, and (2) the fact that they could not return it to me in the time indicated that I absolutely needed it by is even more disappointing. I guess I should have listened to the negative feedback I have heard about Benelli Customer Service on other sites.