922r Compliance

bodybuilder

Dumb move by the step son..

But....

I swear its getting harder and harder not to break some sort of a law every time you step out into the world.

Reciprocity laws have me stopping at just about every State to relocate my weapon. Out of the holster into the trunk with a padlock...and repeat. and pray I dont get stopped at a reservation say bye- bye to gun forever legal or not.

I have to carry an encyclopedia of fish species with me and spend 2 hours researching what bait or lures I can use, and try and remember 100 rules and location cut offs just to fish.

I have fish and game hiding behind every blade of grass with binoculars waiting for me to cross the stream at the wrong time or place (sometimes feet in difference) to issue me another citation.

Cant go to the range without some idiot adjusting sights or loading a mag while on a "range clear/cold" and cant go into the woods to shoot without driving 6 hours and hiking another 3.

Off the grid living seems more and more appealing.....there are places the law wont go in my state and my compass keeps pointing that way.

• Upvote 1

NFA violations such as building an illegal short barreled rifle tend to get more play than 922® compliance issues. I’m glad he met a level headed agent that wasn’t out for heads. My dealings with the ATF have been pleasant and they are generally pretty helpful. The one I interviewed with for my FFL license was very friendly and is happy to take a call to clear up a question.

I’m sure there are jerks out there but that’s like in any industry. These kind of jerks tend to ruin lives though.

For every law law that is created, a criminal is created. I’m not happy to hear of such burecratic nightmares in Alaska. I guess I had always hoped it was one of the last refuses of natural law away from government oversight. I’d have to say Arizona has less oversight than what you’ve reported. There are game wardens, but they are far and few between.

Every day I check my properties 4K surveillance cameras and watch the mule deer and elk wander through my wash looking for grass. I think I could lure one in to my garage if I wanted!

• 2 years later...

I just bought the M1014 and I'm finding it impossible to find a 3 position recoil tube for the adjustable stock. At this lot I'll take anything other than the one position it came with. Any help would be appreciated. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Corey said:

I just bought the M1014 and I'm finding it impossible to find a 3 position recoil tube for the adjustable stock. At this lot I'll take anything other than the one position it came with. Any help would be appreciated. 

Give it some time. The supplies of three position recoil tubes will return. Everyone bought them up recently with the run on guns. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, StrangerDanger said:

Give it some time. The supplies of three position recoil tubes will return. Everyone bought them up recently with the run on guns. 

When they return, can you buy a 3 position adjustable OEM Benelli stock out there and if so whats the Part number!

I just order the 11701 M1014 with the static/adjustable stock, when I can buy the adjustable one, is it a hard change out if at all even possible!  

Soory OP,

I highjacked your post!

On 5/13/2020 at 1:28 PM, Corey said:

hey bud,

Let me know if you find one, I just ordered a 11701/M1014 and want to do the same!  After I got around 10% off the total OTD, shipped and taxed -Texas price!!

I assume they order from Benelli direct anvdhopoefully it will be a factory fresh in the box unit!

https://www.scopelist.com/Benelli-M1014.aspx?LineItemId=cc4bda5c-4bfa-4ac4-9f9d-425192f2bb29

https://www.benelliusa.com/shotguns/m1014-shotguns

As your avatar would say, "Decent..."

As for the 3 position receiver extension, I usually buy them from Benelliparts.net

https://www.benelliparts.net/store/p21/Benelli_M4_M1014_3_Position_Recoil_%2F_Adjustment_Tube.html

Midwest also lists them. You do not want the 5 position extension. It will not work with your stock.

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/benelli-m4/recoil-spring-tube.html

You will want to read my tutorial on how to replace the receiver extension. It's not the easiest job.