SBE 2 worst gun in 2004

Laz

My synthetic 2002 SBE Slug gun came with the 'gray' blue on the barrel and 'black' blue on the receiver.

I bought a new barrel that year and it also arrived in the 'gray' blue.

These interesting 'blues' are not new.

mudhen - CA

I bought a SBE II with a 24" barrel in Timber HD and my only real complaint about the gun was the safety. I have since followed someone elses advice and had a gunsmith remove 2.5 coils of spring. The only other minor complaint I have is the recol pad....I don't like how it is attached.

Due to the hot debates on this thread I am sure big brother (Benelli) is listening in and is going try to resolve the problem. With that said, there are three rules that I abide when buying guns.

1) Research, check forums, magazines etc.

2) Wait six months to a year on the hot new models. Make there are no "new bugs".

3) Check the gun out at the shop from head to toe, looking for scratches, working the safety etc. This usually takes about 1/2 to one hour. If there is anything that I don't like, I either negogiate or don't buy.

I am personally waiting to get an SBEII for now, I really wanted one because they look cool. I hope eveyone gets their problems solved quickly.

I don't look at the Super X-2 as a ignorant purchase. I think its better and faster then the 1100 and a perfect choice as a back up gun for the many trips I take each year... Also when I like Threeshot purchased the SBE 2 the thread about the safety was not posted... What has me most upset is the total lack of customer service with this company.. I have purchased many luxury items in the past and there is a level of customer service you would expect to receive. To say Benelli falls short is an understatement... I have no problem going to a smith and having him fix the issue if that is what Benelli would have us do. Until I hear from the company I as other do remain unable to correct an extremely irritating problem.

Last night I shot the new SBE II with the Comfort tech stock at my gun club. It had arrived earlier in the day. I did not find any problems with the choke.

The recoil was less than the the SBE I had shot earlier. However after shooting the SBE II a friend let me shoot an old Winchester Model 12. The felt recoil appeared to be the same as the SBE II. I did notice that the Winchester seemed to be better balanced and I had no trouble getting 24 out of 25 on the trap range. The one miss was due to lack of concentration.

bboy,you and the bshooter,don"t deserve a Benelli,something of lesser caliber for you,a box of bbs maybe,definitely not something so refined,as a Benelli=====M1014========

[ 07-02-2004, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: M1014 ]

Benelli wants you to think when you purchase one your buying the best of the best. The fact is they put out a defective product when they released the SBE 2.. There are people in this forum who admit they don't use the safety at the range and the company expects me to use it in the field? We have waited three weeks more then they told us we would have to for a response from the company. Someone posted we should have a response yesterday. Did we get one, NO ! My anger has less to do with a simple safety issue that a gunsmith said he could fix for $20 and more to do with the lack of any word from this company. And to state that I don't deserve something as refined, as a Benelli is absurd. I didn't collect soda cans to pay for my gun as it seems you had to do ( can easily tell from the pics you have posted. If my house looked like that I would think of taking the pics outside ). So please don't attack me personally if you have something to add about the customer service of this company I would be happy to hear it.

Laz, this guy is just a hater. He's walked the fine line with insults for WEEKS now... and one of these days he's going to step over. He's just a blow hard with no point - lots of name calling - and no business sense.

Moderators - can we get an ignore button built into this board? Better yet, the next insult and I start contacting those moderators listed and reporting posts. I'm tired of not being able to enjoy this forum because of the actions of one person.

would you disagree that the safety on a gun is something that should work as well as the trigger?

when are we going to see a crio "skeet" choke?

not even briley makes them (too few SBEII).

or maybe we should get a "imp cyl" optima plus from beretta? (same result..?)

Joe

I wouldn't even worry about him.. The guy has 3 Benelli guns and he thinks that makes him something. Just look at the pics of his house in the background and you can tell he's low class... He's the type who drives 79 Ford pickup and has 3 more on blocks around his house for parts.

[ 07-05-2004, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: Laz ]