FFT Oversized Bolt Release Button - New Product

Heynowwwww

• 8 months later...
On 4/3/2021 at 9:13 AM, RAIII said:

I saw it as well and agree it looks nice.

Will be interesting to see when some one gets one the difference from the GG&G for 25% more money.

I have the GG&G for my M3. Definitely one of the best upgrades I’ve done. I’ve been sick of FFT constantly being out of stock on 90% of the inventory. Not to mention the preorder ordeal is ridiculous as well as the fact that returns aren’t accepted. I’m happy to pay a little more for peace of mind. 

Edited by capt_jack994

I bought a couple of the Benelli Parts units. I really like them.

1) the hole in the button is a blind hole. This keeps the base more rigid and less likely to turn in the stamped part which it is press fit into, than a through hole.

2) I didn't measure it, but the thread size appears to be about as large as the button sensibly permits. This allows more surface area for loctite or vc3 or whatever you use, to adhere.

3) the button is dome profiled. When your hand or gear passes over it, its less likely to snag or gouge. It is a perfect size to be easier to hit, but small enough not to be snag city. The circular serrations/grooves are excellent.

Edited by Unobtanium

12 hours ago, Unobtanium said:

I bought a couple of the Benelli Parts units. I really like them.

1) the hole in the button is a blind hole. This keeps the base more rigid and less likely to turn in the stamped part which it is press fit into, than a through hole.

2) I didn't measure it, but the thread size appears to be about as large as the button sensibly permits. This allows more surface area for loctite or vc3 or whatever you use, to adhere.

3) the button is dome profiled. When your hand or gear passes over it, its less likely to snag or gouge. It is a perfect size to be easier to hit, but small enough not to be snag city. The circular serrations/grooves are excellent.

@Unobtanium Still need the thread pattern on this? Sounds like you got some yourself. Let me know if you still do and I can take out / measure for you.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have issues with the bolt release button. If you push it too fast all the way down and hold does the bolt get stuck? Is that normal? If I just push it just enough for the bolt to release, I have no issues. Just noticed that if I push it all the way down really fast it causes a malfunction where the bolt gets stuck. 

6 hours ago, VMI2000 said:

Does anyone have issues with the bolt release button. If you push it too fast all the way down and hold does the bolt get stuck? Is that normal? If I just push it just enough for the bolt to release, I have no issues. Just noticed that if I push it all the way down really fast it causes a malfunction where the bolt gets stuck. 

Seen you post this here and another spot.  Does this mean your running the FFT bolt release?  I have GGG and others have many kinds.  I would say no this is not normal.  

9 hours ago, brightt said:

I have the GGG on my M4, I am getting a new NP3 H2O this week, is the GGG still the go to? FFT's version is never available and I am not sure about other buttons, I want easy install, nothing complicated 

GGG is all I have tried.  I have two on two different guns.  With my experience with what I have I do not know why I would try anything else.  I like them a lot

• Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 6:13 AM, Ben elLes said:

Seen you post this here and another spot.  Does this mean your running the FFT bolt release?  I have GGG and others have many kinds.  I would say no this is not normal.  

I have the one from e-z bolt release buttton from Briley. I like FFT but they don’t have in stock. 

Just wondering if anyone mashes their button down fast and holds it down, will that cause a malfunction. It works fine if I just tap quickly…

• 10 months later...

From the research I've made, I think both the GG&G and the FTT are the best out there in design and performance. I don't think drilling something so small and delicate like the tiny little issued bold release should be done by anyone. I'll go with the GG&G.

GG&G

Reddit - Dive into anything

GG&G BENELLI M4 TACTICAL BOLT RELEASE PAD

FTT

image.png

Edited by Facundo