Best Benelli follower?

brightt

anyone have any recommendations, just picked up my 11711 np3 M4 and it has the stock follower I am pretty sure, the previous m4 I just sold had the FFT or TTI and it stuck out more , I am sure strangerdanger's port work had something to do with that but just curious if there are any outright recommendations?

740D3E80-9F09-4F6E-9E62-234B0E420D47.jpeg

• Like 1

I have several Nordic follwers, and at least one Phase 5 offering, probably other now forgotten brands. Other than getting rid of hard plastic ones that can crack (the plastic Benelli ones seem pretty soft and not much of a concern), I don't know how you judge better or best. lol  I've never changed one and afterwards thought "that's so much better" or "that's so much worse". :)

If you're replacing it as a 922R part obviously it needs to be US made.

• Upvote 1

my thought process behind this post, is I remember my TTI sticking our further than the oem or GG&G, it also has a flat face

are these changes for the good or worse? I felt like the shell hit the TTI follower sooner and started loading like it extended out towards the shell lifter further, take in mind it was ported by stranger danger but it was noticeably further out from pics and feeling

Some have different shape / length "noses" on them. I've wondered "Is there a reason? A benefit or down side? Or are they just made for different guns.  I know the Nova and other models have one of a different shape, with the step in it. I'm pretty sure my SuperNova doesn't have the stock follower in it, but I'm also pretty sure I don't recall buying a "special" one for it. lol  I need to check when I get home out of curiosity.

I'm about to buy a couple Phase-5 blue followers... because they're blue.  Being "colorblind", the red, orange and green ones all can all look a little too similar to a case head to my eyes.

• Upvote 1

I have often wondered that too. Are there followers you can buy that gives you any advantage ( easier loading , faster loading, or just more comfortable loading ). I am using a black freedom fighter follower now but would give some other one a try if it had any advantags.

• 3 weeks later...

^ Re-reading old threads, this just reminded me to check stuff out. I did finally switch out the Nordic follower on my match gun for a Phase-5, but the latter is a good deal shorter.  I need to see if this effects capacity at all. More specifically, my "plug".  It's a cut down empty shell at the end of the mag tube. I'd found early on with the mag tube I'm using that you could "load" one last shell about 80+% of the way, but it wouldn't fit. By making a plug, that last one shell too many just starts to go in the tube before it stops. Much faster to realize and recover from your error than a shell that almost wants to go in.  I need to see if that measurement changed.

• 5 months later...

The follower is not the problem. An understanding of the various mfg. shotshell cartridge lengths is the karma. A 2-3/4"  standard shot shell is the maximum opened length upon firing of the cartridge, i.e. the "petals" of the pleated end of the cartridge must not exceed 2-3/4" in order to be properly managed by a barrel chambered for 2-3/4" shotshells; same for 3" shells / barrel chambers. So when comparing various brands of 2-3/4" shotshells you will observe the unfired difference in their lengths, THIS is what collectively determines how many 2-3/4" cartridges can be inserted into a magazine of fixed length. A few 1/16" / 3-32" differential adds up when loading 4-5 cartridges, this is the governing factor as to whether one can load 4 of brand A v. 5 of brand B cartridges. 

Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 6.52.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 6.52.39 PM.png

• Upvote 4