What trigger kit for A&S M4?

SuzukiGS750EZ

Hey guys. I'm wanting to possibly move into a "better" trigger for my M4. Everything is stock trigger group wise besides the trigger housing. I come from a pistol shooting background as well as air rifles so i'm used to lighter, faster triggers. The M4 trigger, while not "rough" is like trying to snap a pencil to me. Do the aftermarket triggers break a bit easier? Is it just the nature of a shotgun? What do you gain with an aftermarket trigger? My state isn't easy to modify the M4 due to "pistol grip" so I wouldn't be doing it for 922R compliance. Also, i read some trigger kits may require fitting with the polymer housing, which is why i state i have the aluminum A&S housing. Thank!

• Upvote 1

Good questions. I am currently in your potion as well and in the middle of a cool build for my M4 and I am kinda stuck on the trigger issue as well. Not sure if I should send it in or have my gunsmith do a drop in etc. Would love to hear some more insight from some guys on here that are further down the road than us. I know some guys have talked about it, but I just love talking about it even more lol. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, rubicon20032003 said:

I run stock triggers in four A&s housings.Never had a problem or with fitting or installing them.Some out of poly housing and aluminum 

My question was more so do aftermarket triggers clean up the trigger and make it break easier or are they more for 922R and longevity of the part?

• Upvote 1

I have a Geissele hammer along with FFT trigger and sear. Trigger pull was reduced by 1 pound 13 ounces. 

I’ll admit, my original intent of replacing those parts were due to chasing 922 total. The Gazeley hammer was used because of earlier FFT hammers being deformed with use. I’m not sure if the FFT hammers are still an issue but the guys Isley hammers are, as far as I know, no longer produced

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

Did the Briley trigger with the new trigger guard some years ago.  Expensive, but worth it.  The OEM trigger was terrible.  The new trigger matches the trigger of my old Remington Model 11 I converted to "riot gun" configuration.  Briley calls the trigger a "match" trigger, and compared to the OEM, it probably could be described in that way.  The Remington is no M4, and won't chamber 3", but for "back up" to the M4 and "novelty" it is an interesting conversion, and all steel and wood. 

I have heard good reviews about the Briley triggers, you have to send them your whole housing so they can fit it for you. I thought about it, but chose instead to go with an OEM aluminum trigger guard, some Wolff trigger group springs for reliability, I didn't change any pull weights. And I lucked up on a Geissele hammer and threw that in. Thats it, I don't plan on doing anything else to it other than shooting it alot to smooth the action out. But if I had to recommend any kit, I'd go with Briley based on the feedback I've heard from people who actually use them.

• Upvote 1