STOP THE TELESTOCK MODS!

dport

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benelli is wise to not try to interpret or translate the ATF's laws for Benelli owners. It is not Benelli's responsibility to do so. Benelli is doing all it legally can by referring you back to the ATF. Ultimately, any definitive ruling on the matter must come from the governing body, not the manufacturer.

Originally posted by tucker301:

Benelli is wise to not try to interpret or translate the ATF's laws for Benelli owners. It is not Benelli's responsibility to do so. Benelli is doing all it legally can by referring you back to the ATF. Ultimately, any definitive ruling on the matter must come from the governing body, not the manufacturer.

Benelli has stated publically that buying the LE version of the M4 and putting the telestock on was legal. Well maybe they didn't say it was legal, but they did tell us how to get a telestock and what versions of the M4 it would work on.

A member here wrote the ATF for confirmation. The ATF said it was illegal. Benelli could have dropped it there, but they asked for a faxed copy of the letter. The member faxed the copy. And we are here because Benelli hasn't gotten back to us.

This affects them as much as it does us because it determines which versions of the M4 can be imported. The least they can do is tell us what is legal for them to import and in what configurations, so we can cover our butts. They are the ones who implied it was legal to add the telestock.

If these stocks are illeagal on the M4/M1014's, why can you buy a new gun from a BENELLI dealer with the collapsable ALREADY on? Check here: http://www.calssportingarmory.com/BenelliM1014M4.htm

Check the lower portion of the page. Comes with both the full and collapasable stocks, REAL M1014 COLLAPSABLE STOCK TUBE INSTALLED and LE ONLY markings. Someone please explain?

[ 11-04-2004, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: WIN9639445 ]

Win,

Cals and Impact guns have the M4 package with stock and extended magazine advertised on their websites.

They aren't selling the guns assembled, or at least Impact isn't. I had an order for the M4 package I placed over a month ago. I canceled it yesterday because it was clear to me that until some US parts can be made it will not be legal to assemble the shotgun into the preferred configuration.

I emailed Impact and thier response was that the owner could assemble it but Benelli could not import it. Seems very much like the problem of dealers selling preban featured uppers and it being the owners responsibility not to put it on a post ban lower. Anyway, between the legal stuff and the reports of some of the guns breaking I decided to hold onto my $1,500 for a while. I may be interested in getting a M1014 and putting a regular hunting stock on it with the extended magazine. Or I might just get a regular stock M1.

Simple, but stupid. It is not illegal to import, stock, sell or buy the stock or 2 shot extention-only illegal to install it on your weapon...it is an IMPORTED part which is ILLEGAL to attach to your imported weapon (according to ATF rules and reg's.). Get someone to manufacture a U.S. made clone part and you're in bidness...until then you're breaking the law. You can have the LE version, the collapable stock, 2 shot ext. all together in your house...just don't have it hanging on the gun. Similar to having a say...legal-to-own FN parts kit and legally purchased FN-FAL receiver-put it together without the ATF paperwork you're a bad, bad boy in the Federali's eyes...as long as it's parts and pieces-you're o.k..

[ 11-06-2004, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: XPEH BAM ]

• 4 weeks later...

So its illegal?

Why would Benelli import the parts? They are just trying to get people in trouble...

I just placed an order for an M4 yesterday and the dealer told me Benelli had them coming in and he would make sure I got one...

After reading this I am sending him an Email and telling him I cant go through with the order.

This sucks, I was getting excited to get this thing!

Originally posted by JYogi:

This sucks, I was getting excited to get this thing!

You can still get one, you just may not ever be able to legally modify it. Mine's still fun to shoot with the fake telestock.

Hopefully Benelli will be able to work out an exemption with the BATF. Benelli received the faxed letter on the second try, so I'm sure that they are working on a solution.

Be realistic...

Why would the BATF give them an exemption?

Already having an M1 & M3 I just don't see the need for this.

What makes it so much better than the M3 if I cant get the collapsible stock?

I don't see what makes this worth the $1100 + they cost.

At least the old M1 & M3 can have the extensions on them.

For fun there are many other toys Id get over a shotgun.