New SBE Disappointment

Matchshot

BTW - The military, i.e. Marine Corp prefer gas operated semi-auto shotguns because they are "self regulating" meaning they will typically shoot ANY load they choose to fire...low recoil "rubber bullet" loads to heavy buckshot loads! A gas operated gun is more reliable when it comes to lighter loads this is why the military demanded a gas operated M4.

BTW the M4 with Low-power rounds, such as less-lethal rubber pellets, must be cycled manually. Not sure if you were aware of this. Also I believe the main reason they went with gas over inertia was because they were concerned over the mounting of accessories affecting the inertia operation of the gun.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW the M4 with Low-power rounds, such as less-lethal rubber pellets, must be cycled manually. Not sure if you were aware of this. Also I believe the main reason they went with gas over inertia was because they were concerned over the mounting of accessories affecting the inertia operation of the gun.

YES ! that was why they went to gas. Optics or other accessories changed the dynamics if the inertia and caused the inertia Guns to fail. You are also right about the less lethal rounds having to be cycled manually.

• 4 weeks later...

I don’t like to wine, but this really burns me up - especially after getting somewhat attacked / yelled at, here & by other fans…Well, I finally got my SBE II from customer service. They replaced a few parts & adjusted a few parts. That’s right, a brand new, less than one year old SBE II that jammed on me dozens & dozens of times in its first hunting season - & I have documented proof it was not user error. I haven’t made it to the sporting clays range yet to see if this fine, top of line, most expensive field semi auto works as promised, but will. I do hope that it’s now fixed & works as I’ve heard others talk about & as promised. But, I can tell you in my experience with the gun so far – and that’s with a brand new purchase from an authorized dealer – it’s been a complete disappointment & letdown. What a rip off!

I don’t like to wine, but this really burns me up - especially after getting somewhat attacked / yelled at, here & by other fans…Well, I finally got my SBE II from customer service. They replaced a few parts & adjusted a few parts. That’s right, a brand new, less than one year old SBE II that jammed on me dozens & dozens of times in its first hunting season - & I have documented proof it was not user error. I haven’t made it to the sporting clays range yet to see if this fine, top of line, most expensive field semi auto works as promised, but will. I do hope that it’s now fixed & works as I’ve heard others talk about & as promised. But, I can tell you in my experience with the gun so far – and that’s with a brand new purchase from an authorized dealer – it’s been a complete disappointment & letdown. What a rip off!

What is the point of this post?

You have not even shot the repaired gun yet.

For me, you have just lost what little credibility you might have had (which was not much to begin with).

They probably just replaced a few parts to shut you up.

I've always suspected you are just a mere troll.

Now I know it for sure :)

i have not YET made it to the range. while i would like to go, i work on the weekdays, it's fishing season & i have a fairly new boat. my point is NOT to complain, but to let others know (as I wish some might have let me know) - that possibly Benelli quality has gone down; they can ??often do?? jam; the coating is the worst of all guns I own; in my personal experience, the gun is overrated & over priced. i hope i got a lemon that is now fixed & works like the dream i've heard & read about - but so far that is not the case at all. i will report back - just like i did today.

ps - i forgot to mention it took nearly 2 months from the time i shipped the gun until i got it back. they are so backed up - is that another part of the great benelli experience? is that another form of proof their quality has gone down? i'm not sure, but i can tell you, to me - it stinks.

tucker, please explain how am i to post my receipt w/out benelli knowing who i am. if you haven't noticed i have not given exact details. i use an email address/member name that doesn't include my name. i still have ~4 years of warranty left on this gun & suspect i'll have to deal with them again. better yet, i'll post my receipt alone w/ my purchase receipt if you buy me out at the $1400 i paid for this wonderful gun. also, tucker, please tell us about why you had to send your benelli back to the factory...

"i've even heard the 'great' tucker talk in another area of the forum of knowing people at customer support that have really helped him out with some problems - WAIT, a problem w/ a benelli - no, that can't be...must be user error. even he's sent one back..."

I did indeed have a problem with the R1 and they did an incredible job for me.

The stock cracked shortly after I got it.

I called them and they agreed that I could go ahead and use it the rest of the season and we'd settle up later.

At first, they sent another stock, but the tone and grain was a mismacth to the forearm, so they I sent them my stock and forearm and the matched me up a really nice set the second time around.

In addition to getting the great service I met some terrific people.

Even had a helpful gunsmith send me his card in the return package.

Everyone was friendly, helpful, and cordial.

I'm very pleased with their one and only CS issue with me.

Scan the receipt and use photo editing software to blank out the parts that show personal information.

It's not hard to do.

tucker & mudhen,

put up or shut up. money talks & BS walks. until i shoot the gun, i don't know if i'll have to send it right back to the factory. hopefully that's this weekend. i also have ~4 years left on the warranty. my offer stands, i'll post my receipt alone w/ my purchase receipt if you buy me out at the $1400 i paid for this wonderful gun.

my intentions are (believe it or not) good - i'm focused on customer education through my personal experience. i don't know if i got a lemon or benelli quality has gone down. if the "end solution" means that benelli must improve its quality &/or bring it up to previous levels - so be it.

i congratulate you for "coming true" with your defective benelli guns, just as i did. i know it had to hurt you deeply, but you managed to kiss their butt pretty well. the truth can hurt some time.

let's review what has happened here (especially for the not-sharpest-tools in the shed group). i trade up from the lowest priced field semi auto on the market to the benelli super black eagle ii - supposedly the finest on the market & certainly the top 1 or 2 most expensive. i have significant problems with the gun - mainly frequent, repetitive jamming - averaging about 1/hunt or 1/box of shells - using many different types of ammo & all the sizes of shells the gun can fire. i post my experiences on this forum. i get attacked for being an idiot that does not know how the operate the gun, does not know how to clean the gun, that uses the wrong synthetic oil, that didn't use solvent when switching oils, that uses cheap, worthless ammo (yet still meets benelli requirements for the gun) - did i leave anything out? now i'm being called a liar.

again, i have documented proof of everything i have written about here. so again, i say put up or shut up. if you would like, i'll up the "bet" - as high as you'd like to go. we'll draw up some papers, post them too & then i'll post all of my paperwork. BRING IT ON.

This is the most best topic ever..i have laughed about an hour when i was reading this. :D

i can not write english very well but i know thing or two about benelli's.. ihave two benelli shotguns now and i have had 16 different benelli model's by the years.

it does sounds like someone really can't use the gun..not my problem..

i also have experience of beretta,remington and browning shotguns..but still BENELLI is the very best at least for me. :)

Henrik

Wow....

Let someone gripe about substandard equipment and it's like buzzards on a meat wagon.

Glad you guys are still acting like morons when it comes to folks saying anything bad about Benelli.

Did it take you four years to come up with that :confused:

:)

Hey Nolaboy,

Why would someone buy your USED SBEII for 1400 dollars that as documented to be not very well taken care of. You don't listen to one of the best sources of information you can find.(Benelli shooters)

Not to mention you have a problem with suggestions.

I would sell your SBEII as fast as you can. I wouldn't shoot it anymore. SELL IT! Trade it. I heard mossberg is having a special at Dick's sporting goods. Buy one Quick so you have something else

yell and scream about.

Have a nice day.

novaking

Hey Nolaboy,

I heard mossberg is having a special at Dick's sporting goods. Buy one Quick so you have something else

yell and scream about.

Have a nice day.

novaking

I have to defend Mossberg here. I bought a Mossberg 930 combo from Dicks mainly because I wanted a slug gun and refused to pay $500.00 just for a rifled Benelli barrel. For $459.00 I got a rifled barrel plus a 26" smoothbore barrel and a extra monte carlo stock. I put the 26" smoothbore barrel on it and have shot ten rounds of skeet and four rounds of sporting clays with it, that's 650 plus rounds and it has not jammed one time. That's way more than I can say for my new Franchi I-12 that is currently being repaired. :cool:

The funniest thing about this thread,is that kats are coming out of the wood-work and going of on tangents and off track excursions,far from the original topic and end up right back at the beginning,just in time for a new person to jump in and take it in another direction! Good Times!

I'm waiting for the next post to talk about why the .35 Remington is the best antelope cartridge of all time!:p

I am very happy to report that I shot my SBEII this weekend & over the sporting clays course of 2 boxes of 2 ¾ inch shells, the gun did not jam once. Hopefully, I got the very rare Benelli defect / lemon. I look forward to many years of (hopefully) trouble-free use of the gun. Now, rather than worry about my gun jamming, I can focus on items more important to me – hitting the bird, my decoy set up, the blind layout, etc.

In hindsight (always 20/20), had I known I was buying a Benelli with a few defective parts – of course I would have chosen another brand. Whether I got the rare lemon or their quality has gone down, I do not know. I only know my experience, plus what I read & hear. I do know that instead of relying on the advice that many have given me on this forum – including that from the so-called experts & senior members – whether it was using different oil, ammo, cleaning methods, etc – I should have just sent the gun back to the factory – even in the middle of a relatively short duck hunting season. In my case, no matter what changes I could have made, I still would get cycling failures. This brand new gun had a few bad parts in it that needed to be replaced or adjusted.

Again, I am glad the problem (apparently / to date) has been fixed & the gun now works as promised.