Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benelli Forums
Jolly Roger

Who makes the best tube and spring?

Maybe I can get Marcy to send me a botched one for destruction testing. As protected and supported as the magazine tube is, I think you’d have a hard time doing any structural damage. Paint or finish scuffing? Sure.

Remember...it's feeding into 7075. Which will fail first? It's not like the receiver is drop-forged steel...

Remember...it's feeding into 7075. Which will fail first? It's not like the receiver is drop-forged steel...

.....and if it was, there would be people clamoring over each other to buy an aftermarket aluminum alloy receiver because the OEM is too heavy, WAH! Oh wait...there's that little matter of the serial# LOL!

Especially being supported by a steel barrel at the front and center. You’re right though, the receiver would likely deform before the magazine tube did. I’ll send Marcy an email tonight. Sounds like a fun test. I’d like to test their Cerakote adhesion too.

And after that.....Id like to know if drilling dimples all over my shotgun will make it shoulder faster...

mythbustersdimple_opt.jpg

jk...

Edited by Jolly Roger

And after that.....Id like to know if drilling dimples all over my shotgun will make it shoulder faster...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3531[/ATTACH]

jk...

...bacon grease is the ticket.:p

Quick question - not a hijack I hope - I have the factory +2 extension and the original 5 round spring. Seems to work fine. Moving to the 7 rnd magazine. Any reason to think the same spring will not continue to be okay? Thanks for any help!

Usually the rule of thumb (if I have read correctly) is to have about 12-14 inches of spring sticking out of the mag tube before you put it all back together.

I've tried what your attempting and it seemed to work just fine at first but then I started experiencing failure to feed.

The spring just didnt have enough tension to push the last shell onto the elevator far enough for proper operation.

Buy a Carriercomp 7 rnd spring and save yourself any headaches in the future. Its cheap and well worth it.

While your at it, polish the inside of the tube with a bit of steel wool wrapped around a cleaning swab. Hook the rod up to a drill and give it a good 10 minutes.

The result will make it smooth and quite. :)

Use some Rem dry lube and your good to go!

Edited by Jolly Roger

Usually the rule of thumb (if I have read correctly) is to have about 12-14 inches of spring sticking out of the mag tube before you put it all back together.

I've tried what your attempting and it seemed to work just fine at first but then I started experiencing failure to feed.

The spring just didnt have enough tension to push the last shell onto the elevator far enough for proper operation.

Buy a Carriercomp 7 rnd spring and save yourself any headaches in the future. Its cheap and well worth it.

While your at it, polish the inside of the tube with a bit of steel wool wrapped around a cleaning swab. Hook the rod up to a drill and give it a good 10 minutes.

The result will make it smooth and quite. :)

Use some Rem dry lube and your good to go!

CC Spring ordered. Appreciate the other tips as well! Will follow your advice.

I went with the nordic Components full lenght tube and spring. After i removed my factory spring it was all kinked and bent from being limited to the 5 round tube.