Any opinions on Midwest Industries M4 MLOK Rail

chris1280

Good to go.

I'll "pull the trigger" on it by placing an order for one this week. We'll see how it turns out first hand, so fingers crossed.

I'm gonna be seriously bummed out if I tracked down an Agency Arms rail (finally) and an IWC Scout mount that are both installed on my M4 for nothing.

My struggle: a) keep current set up A.Arms rail w/ light and IWC mount w/ sling that casts a shadow VS. b) purchase and install M.Industries rail to mount light and sling on that will mitigate shadow casting

Edited by AIRB0RNE6176
Update info

What the s#it...!

I just realized that "chris1280" has an SBS, which is why I was thinking the M.Ind rail would make my mounted light flush with the muzzle. With my regular length barrel, I wouldn't have enough clearance for the light not to throw a shadow. Damn...

I'm sticking with current rig for now. Thanks "Unobtanium" for the sanity check and the links.

Edited by AIRB0RNE6176

@AIRB0RNE6176 You are correct, on a full length barrel and the MI rail you would need the extra 4" to get your light flush or close to flush with the muzzle. If you were still interested in the rail you could use a T.REX Lightbar Scout Mount which is 4.5" long. That would definitely get your light setup flush or as close to flush with the muzzle.

https://www.trex-arms.com/store/Lightbar-Scout-Mount/

Edited by chris1280
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

When I have to leverage stuff, I go Arisaka only. 7075 is very critical here.

https://arisakadefense.com/inline-scout-mount-m-lok/

I've seen 5.56 guns break 6061 one's. The pictures are now gone, but you get the idea.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Maybe-ultralight-scout-mounts-aren-t-a-good-idea-/20-758035/?page=1&anc=bottom#bottom

Edited by Unobtanium
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2022 at 2:24 PM, Kahamu said:

Really wish Benelli would release the handguard they advertise on their M4 T-Pro. I don't see any screws so I imagine it installs the same way as the OEM forend.

Bene.jpg

+1. I've searched but haven't found a way to get that handguard. The incorporated heat shield on top would be great. If it ever does come available, I imagine it will cost a small fortune. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 7/27/2022 at 6:22 AM, AIRB0RNE6176 said:

Good to go.

I'll "pull the trigger" on it by placing an order for one this week. We'll see how it turns out first hand, so fingers crossed.

I'm gonna be seriously bummed out if I tracked down an Agency Arms rail (finally) and an IWC Scout mount that are both installed on my M4 for nothing.

My struggle: a) keep current set up A.Arms rail w/ light and IWC mount w/ sling that casts a shadow VS. b) purchase and install M.Industries rail to mount light and sling on that will mitigate shadow casting

I placed my light under the barrel for that very reason, no more shadow-casting.

• Like 2

so whats the consensus from

the hive mind, oem handguard stippled still the way to go? or MI handguard, just about to pick up my new NP3 m4 this week and debating on stippled oem handguard + NP3 IWC QD mount or MI handguard, is the MI considered go to over the Briley !?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, brightt said:

so whats the consensus from

the hive mind, oem handguard stippled still the way to go? or MI handguard, just about to pick up my new NP3 m4 this week and debating on stippled oem handguard + NP3 IWC QD mount or MI handguard, is the MI considered go to over the Briley !?

I, personally, like the Briley handguards. I have both the long and the short but I don't have an MI to do a direct comparison. In your situation I'd go with the OEM for a bit before I'd spend the $ on any other. Congrats on the NP3, I know you're excited; show us pics!

Edited by StreetSweeper56

thank you, I am so excited, I really like the oem handguards fully stippled that I can do + IWC QD mount but the only reason I ask about those x2 rails is.. the IWC mount especially NP3 is $100+ so its not far off from a MI with discount.

does anyone have a spare GG&G bolt release? 

here it is before I get it and add some "upgrades"

I got : TTI charging handle, TTI shell lifter, Daves MW safety, Blitzkrieg components tritium chevron front sight post, Diamond D custom Alaskan leather sling, and a Streamlight TLR1 HL light temporarily , FFT and oem fully stippled hand-guards

I am looking at getting:

•GG&G or FFT bolt catch/release

•Scalar works mount + RMR

•Limbsaver stock pad

•IWC QD mount for stock and upfront for light

maybe a follower

potentially in the future an A&S trigger guard and Strangerdanger port work / TI tube and end cap

23AA45AA-E8AA-406A-B2C5-5C325D94AFA7.jpeg

Edited by brightt
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Well, I am late to this party but wanted to add a Pic anyway.  Installed mine no issues and mounted my O-Light Odin 1500 GLM just to check how easy it was, no issues to report.  Planning on adding my new RX Arms 6 position recoil tube now that it is shipped and at the same time will swap out the tube for my new FF tube.

20221220_091815.jpg

Edited by Dire Wolf
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Who made the head shield?  I've been searching in the forum and no on even mention what brand or where they got it from. 

On 1/3/2023 at 3:28 PM, firearmsowner said:

It feels solid, but I have only taken it out to shoot once. 

I was able to leave it on when I disassembled it to change out my recoil tube, just loosened the bottom brass set screws.M4.thumb.jpg.fa36f20d8860b667be3881b54eb9de7e.jpg