SPAS-12 inspired forend/handguard

Franklinexpress

I know some of you are pretty good using CAD. I’m thinking of getting a custom forend similar to that of the SPAS-12 like in the image, metal mlok and the polymer minus that bump in the front. I’m only looking for the designs, I can take care of manufacturing on my end. Is anyone willing to work on this? I can pay. I also have some skeleton type stock sketches but first this.  Any tips welcome. Again, just need someone good with mechanical design. 

IMG_5480.jpeg

1 hour ago, Scout_21 said:

Oh, that's not mlok on the spas-12. Its venting slots in the heatshield. It was a convertible shogun (pump and semi) and anything mounted in those sections would have interfered with the pump action.

Yup, I’m aware. What I’m saying is if we made our own it should be mlok. I phrased it wrong now that I re-read it.

Edited by Franklinexpress

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, NCswamp13 said:

Any chance of making one with a functional pump action for the M3? That would be awesome. 

Right now, the plan is to see if there is a market for this. If it goes well, then I plan on making one for the beretta 1301, Mossberg 500, and Remington 870. Not sure about the M3 yet, numbers have to make sense.

• Upvote 2

First prototype came in. Don’t worry about the green, that’s just for prototyping. It will be black. Will need to make some fitting adjustments since I had to fiddle with it to make things fit and wasn’t a nice experience.  In the process of doing this, I came up with a better handguard that will be more ergonomic and all polymer. Doing the mlok rail part might not be a good idea due to potential sales vs cost. Still need to run some numbers. Enjoy the pics.

IMG_6425.jpeg

IMG_6426.jpeg

IMG_6427.jpeg

IMG_6428.jpeg

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Franklinexpress said:

First prototype came in. Don’t worry about the green, that’s just for prototyping. It will be black. Will need to make some fitting adjustments since I had to fiddle with it to make things fit and wasn’t a nice experience.  In the process of doing this, I came up with a better handguard that will be more ergonomic and all polymer. Doing the mlok rail part might not be a good idea due to potential sales vs cost. Still need to run some numbers. Enjoy the pics.

IMG_6425.jpeg

IMG_6426.jpeg

IMG_6427.jpeg

IMG_6428.jpeg

I definitely want one .When there ready to go 

• Upvote 1