Did our political debate thread vanish?

needncash

I have to say at this time I'm not happy with either party. They are all acting like spoiled brats and not playing nice with each other. Both parties seem to have gravitated to the extremes and I do not feel represented by either one. I sincerely hope the Republicans get their act together and offer some substantial options in both candidates and legislation. I'm really hoping for a fracture and the formation of some new parties. Right now it looks like the extremists may be the first to break away (good riddance). Hopefully, the two main parties can move a little back from the extremes and give me something to get excited about. Notice I said excited...not knee jerk fanatical.

The best news comes from The Daily Show and Colbert Report!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say at this time I'm not happy with either party. They are all acting like spoiled brats and not playing nice with each other. Both parties seem to have gravitated to the extremes and I do not feel represented by either one. I sincerely hope the Republicans get their act together and offer some substantial options in both candidates and legislation. I'm really hoping for a fracture and the formation of some new parties. Right now it looks like the extremists may be the first to break away (good riddance). Hopefully, the two main parties can move a little back from the extremes and give me something to get excited about. Notice I said excited...not knee jerk fanatical.

The best news comes from The Daily Show and Colbert Report!

i FULLY AGREE with everything you said!!! but as far as the daily show and the colbert report, i dont watch either. NEITHER of them are as FAIR and BALANCED as FOX news!!!:D

More or less hate than the left had for Bush?

The difference is that if you disagreed with Bush (and there was plenty to disagree with) you weren't called a racist.

can i get an AMEN???????????? ISNT it the TRUTH brother STEVE?????;) i disagreed with a gang of sh-t BUSH did!! and its funny, if ya bad mouth OBUMMER you're a RACIST!! and they BEAT the SH-T out of BUSH and thats O.K.?????:rolleyes:

Plenty of people, including myself, have disagreed with Obama and not been called racist.

With that being said, I think anyone with a modicum of sense would have to agree that there is a very strong contingency out there that has no desire to listen to anything he says simply because he is dark-skinned.

It's already been proven here in these forums that such feelings are just beneath the surface, waiting for a hate mongering "leader" to come along and set off a blaze that could rip this country into.

Sadly, most of what we get from the media are the extreme views, which don't necessarily align with most of America one way or another.

One good point that's been made is that while the parties remain in gridlock, both unwilling to pass anything written by the other, the nation slides deeper into debt and farther behind the rest of the world in almost every category conceivable.

Blinded by our own arrogance, we refuse to consider successful healthcare models that have been proven to work by other countries, or some even our own states, like Hawaii. For some reason, we let the lobbyists and the fringe come up with the big ideas, when we know very well that they have nothing but their own interests in mind, not those of the majority of Americans.

As other countries surge ahead in technology, education, healthcare, manufacturing, and research, we are all in the middle of the ocean fighting over who gets to drown first.

Serious discussion and debate needs to take place in an open forum.

But it doesn't.

This thread is the poster child of what's going on across the nation.

One side wants to have serious and meaningful discussions, and the other side wants to resort to childish antics and promote division through lies and half-truths.

I injured my leg last week.

It hasn't gotten better, so I went to the doctor about it today.

They wanted to send me to the hospital for venous ultrasound, to make sure there were no clots in the arteries in my leg.

There is a hospital about one mile from my house, but they're not in my insurance company's network. So, instead of going to that hospital, I had to drive 50 miles to one that was in the network.

When I got there, I had do the whole registration song and dance with that hospital, even though they could have easily saved the time and labor of doing that with something as simple a shared database of medical records.

I lost an afternoon of work and a few gallons of gas. I doubt seriously that the insurance company saved anything. It may have even cost them more for all I know.

This is one of the thousands of things that are wrong about our healthcare system. Yet the lunatic fringe, so well represented and pervasive to this thread, won't accept the fact that America already voted on this and many other issues, and THEY LOST!

These people have abandoned their constituencies and have sided instead with the loud minority voices that are out there yelling and screaming, "Don't trust the ******!" while most of us go about our lives in the obscurity we've grown so accustomed to.

The "Fair & Balanced" faithful couldn't think for themselves if their lives depended on it. They take in their daily talking points from nutjobs like O'Reily, Beck, and Limbaugh and regurgitate them through e-mails, blog posts, and forums.

Without their daily dose of hatred and opposition, they would be clueless as to a single issue or important event.

The other side is no better. Olberman spews venom and spends 75% of his time preaching to his choir about what utter BS the other side has flooded the airwaves with.

Yes, people are getting fed up.

But if the right-wing extremists think that we're just getting fed up with the current whitehouse, then they're only pushing themselves further into obscurity, beyond the margins.

so texassSHEETER!, let's see some more name-calling, and lunatic ranting from the other side of crazy. Anything to keep the discussion as unappealing and completely off-target as possible.

You and your kind are like a disease of hatred and ignorance. Sadly, there are many more susceptible hosts yet to be infected.

The next time you care to compare our President, the one an overwhelming majority voted for in a democratic election, to one of the biggest promoters of hatred in history, go and take a look in the mirror. Let's see how that stubby little mustache of yours is coming along.

I have offered a boatload of information and facts here.

You have offered a does of ignorance and misdirection that would make Glen Beck look like a Rhodes Scholar at a Mensa convention.

I hope someone has read the information I've offered. I hope they've had the good sense to follow up and check facts for themselves.

The truth is still out, obscured by the din of crazies like you.

Please don't use the word debate again. I'm pretty sure you have no clue as to what it means or how it works.

Edited by tucker301

ok once again there O'tucka, ive asked NUMEROUS TIMES for you to list the HALF TRUTHS and MIS-DIRECTIONS ive mentioned here on this site!! PLEASE do tell me what i posted that is incorrect!!! YOU CANT, thats why you havent!!!;) and YES, i do HATE this CLOWN they call my PRESIDENT!!! NOT because he's black, but because he's THE MOST INEXPERIENCED man that HAS EVER won the job!!! prove this last statement wrong!!!!! and HE'S F-CKING UP MY COUNTRY!!!! not only that, but that a bunch of UNEDUCATED/UNINFORMED MORONS voted this man into office!!! yeah, where are his polls now??? BUYERS REMORSE, thats where!!! so you just like all the other left can claim RACISM all day long, you and your kind used some of the MOST VIEL language regarding BUSH!! and now that the shoe is on the other foot, you guys cry like little babies!!!! and one last fact, the LEFT has ALWAYS used more HORRID language and tactics than anyone on the right!!! not to mention the double standards!!!! so once again i ask you, PLEASE DO QUOTE AN INFACTUAL CLAIM IVE MADE HERE!!! im STILL waiting cause you've danced around it for numerous posts!!! and name calling to members here, YOU take part in the SAME tactics so go PREACH ON YOUR SOAPBOX SOMEWHERE ELSE!! HYPOCRITE!!!! ^_^ oh, AND another DUMOCRAT is dropping out of his re-election campaign today!!! HMMMMM, imagine that!!!!!

Edited by texas skeeter

so you just like all the other left can claim RACISM all day long, you and your kind used some of the MOST VIEL language regarding BUSH!! and now that the shoe is on the other foot, you guys cry like little babies!!!! and one last fact, the LEFT has ALWAYS used more HORRID language and tactics than anyone on the right!!! not to mention the double standards!!!!

C'mon now, I'd like to believe your intelligent, but do you actually believe this? When have you ever heard of anyone refer to the former President in a negative light because of his race, or religion? Do you remember anyone saying "I'm not voting for Bush because he's white", or make a big deal that "he's a "Methodist"?

When Obama was up for the Democratic nomination, his race was a always a sore spot, as well as all the "he's a muslim" talk. There inlies the problem. Anyone who is percieved different than what is considered the "All-American norm", is bad. And the sad part is, more often than not, the ones who were saying "I don't want a Black president" (omitting the fact his maternal makeup is White), don't know any Blacks (by choice), and "he's a muslim", don't know any muslims (again by choice), and chose to equate muslims, and Islam, to terrorism/the enemy/the devil, etc.

Assuming that you're not racist as you claim, are you that naive that you refuse to see these things?

On the other side, I feel that African-Americans who voted for Obama because "he's black" also got caught up in hype. The difference is, African-Americans will be just as critical of him if he performs poorly, and race/religion won't factor into that equation as they didn't with any of the former Presidents.

#1 Do you remember anyone saying "I'm not voting for Bush because he's white"

#2 "I don't want a Black president" (omitting the fact his maternal makeup is White),

#3 Assuming that you're not racist as you claim, are you that naive that you refuse to see these things?

you asked so ill answer, #1- um, YES i actually did hear this said first hand at the very company i was working for when BUSH ran for office. and you know what they did, they just didnt vote. but THE VERY SAME GUYS all voted for OBUMMER when he ran!!they didnt even know SH-T about him or politics, but they still voted. as a matter of fact, in B.H.O.'s election, MORE african-americans voted in it than in any other presidential election!! WOW, now that couldnt be because he's BLACK???? #2- I agree many stupid people thought and said this and it was and is wrong. but OBUMMER was the one OMITTING he was half white!!! NOWHERE in his campaign did he use the fact he is half white!! never a mention of his white MOM!! HMMMM..... #3- i see all these things, but it doesnt change the fact that this president is an UNEXPERIENCED COLLOSAL F-CK-UP!!;) once again another B.H.O. apologist wants to bring up RACISM!!:rolleyes:

TurnipSkooter,

I must have missed your direct question, buried in all of your run on sentences and a flurry of misspelling and poor grammar.

Please restate the question in a concise manner and I'll address it.

i did like the nickname!!:D but for you slow learners O'TUCKA, here you go. CAN YOU PLEASE QUOTE ANY OF THE HALF-TRUTHS AND OR MIS - DIRECTIONS YOU CLAIM I MAKE HERE?? OH PLEASE MR OBUMMER WANNABE!! i hope this was legible TUCKEY!!;)

Edited by texas skeeter

you asked so ill answer, #1- um, YES i actually did hear this said first hand at the very company i was working for when BUSH ran for office. and you know what they did, they just didnt vote. but THE VERY SAME GUYS all voted for OBUMMER when he ran!!they didnt even know SH-T about him or politics, but they still voted. as a matter of fact, in B.H.O.'s election, MORE african-americans voted in it than in any other presidential election!! WOW, now that couldnt be because he's BLACK????

Aha!! Voicing their opinion by exercising their choices rather than words (threatning or otherwise). Big difference. Another question: Do you ever remember, any one who was a non-white American who publicly stated "they wanted to kill", hoped for a presidential assasination, or plotted to assasinate the president? I've remember I read someone's post on an AK forum that when Obama travelled to where the Bush shoe throwing incident happened, "they hoped he got hit with a shoe, sized 7 point, '62 was a good year". The implication is that 7.62 is the ammo used for the AK.

#2- OBUMMER was the one OMITTING he was half white!!! NOWHERE in his campaign did he use the fact he is half white!! never a mention of his white MOM!!HMMMM.....

Ok, this proves that either you're voicing based off opinion rather than fact, or you refuse to state facts. He acknowledged the fact that he was disgusted with the healthcare system in America because he saw how his mother suffered. He also acknowledged on the night he won the presidency that he could not have done it without his grandmother who raised him (she passed away the night of or before), and how she raised him. Also, did he really have to vocally acknowledge he was half-white since every family picture that was ever broadcasted, that included his mother, and/or grandparents, this was an obvious fact?

#3- i see all these things, but it doesnt change the fact that this president is an UNEXPERIENCED COLLOSAL F-CK-UP!!;) once again another B.H.O. apologist wants to bring up RACISM!!:rolleyes:

Unexperienced?? How do you get experience to be a president, without being one? And did our sad economic state start a year ago last January? Apologist, no, but how can I not bring up racism (and how can you ignore it) when (THINK HARD):

1. As stated above, name an instance when a non-white voiced they wanted to kill a president.

2. Name an instance when a candidate's religion was an issue, and used as a reason to not vote for them.

3. Stepping away from candidates, name a time when a Christian/Protestant/Lutheran/Methodist/Catholic/Roman Catholic/Baptist, etc was condemned in America for their religious beliefs, and all who are percieved as practicing said religions are considered terrorists.

4. You watch FOX. When have they ever broadcasted a positive/negative balanced view of anything that is not Republican related, instead of the the all negative view.

Do you not see a pattern?

Plenty of people, including myself, have disagreed with Obama and not been called racist.

With that being said, I think anyone with a modicum of sense would have to agree that there is a very strong contingency out there that has no desire to listen to anything he says simply because he is dark-skinned.

That's a huge load of crap.. really...

So many racists.. yet he managed to get elected.. go figure.

See, it always comes down to race with you people.. to me it makes you the real racist.

I could care less what color he is.. I think he's a craptastic President so far. I didn't like Carter either, does that mean I hate white people?

I'm done with this thread.. arguing with lefties is like trying to teach a pig to sing. You only end up frustrating yourself and annoying the pig.

Enjoy your choice of President.. I hope the next three years isn't as tragic as the first.. but hey, at least he reads one mean speach.

Unexperienced?? How do you get experience to be a president, without being one? And did our sad economic state start a year ago last January? Apologist, no, but how can I not bring up racism (and how can you ignore it) when (THINK HARD):

Another fixated on race.. sort of sad really.

Anyways.. lets see.. how do you get experience to be President??

Well, being the position is a lot like being a CEO or running a large business. Nope, he never did that...

Or how about running a large city, like mayor of LA, Chicago or NY.. uh.. nope.

Maybe being a governor of State.. that is a LOT like being President.. Obama was a great Governor.. oh wait, my bad.

Traditionally Senators don't get elected to President because their job is NOTHING like a President.. it's legislative while the Presidency is executive. It happens, unfortunatly Obama wasn't even one of them very long.

So, what was he? He was a community organizer.. lol.. really? His greatest accomplishment was running a good campaign.

Of course Bush f'd things up so bad in his second term that a ham sandwich could have won if the Dem could have ran one. Instead we got the coke head, empty suit, man of mystery that hung out with racist preachers and quasi-terrorists.. The "religious guy" that for some strange reason has yet to find a church since getting elected.

He promised transparency, 5 day bill reviews, no lobbiests, and a host of other stuff that just turned out to be political ******** even worse than we're use to.

It's a shame since I think many were really buying into the "hope and change" mantra.. but so far the change has only been in the negative catagory.

With any luck he can be slowed down so we're not completely bankrupt by 2012.

I respect the office of President, but in this case I don't respect the man.

well DOOKEY, i think ole STEVAROONEY does have a point about that pig !!:D im just gonna mention 2 things from your post that actually deserve debating. PRESIDENTIAL EXPERIENCE- means POLITICAL EXPERIENCE!! RUNNING A COMPANY EXPERIENCE, HAVING A REAL JOB EXPERIENCE, RUNNING A CITY OR STATE EXPERIENCE, RUNNING ANYTHING EXPERIENCE!! these are usually some of the qualities one looks for when choosing a president!!!! OBUMMER has NONE of these on his resume!!!;) and his 5 minutes of being a JR SENATOR dont count!!!! and for FOX new being bias??? can you name ANYTHING from the GLEN BECK show or even the HANNIDY show that is not true/incorrect?? heck i'd like you to post ANY foul,nasty, cursive language they even use on that channel. UNLIKE the COLBERT REPORT that just called SARAH PALIN a F-CKING RETARD recently. and the truely funny part is, the LIBTARD LEFT is STILL SO VERY AFRAID of ole SARAH, they still are talking trash about her??? she's not even an active politician nor even running for anything. yet they still seem to get in a dig EVERYDAY!! Im happy though watching this DUMOCRATIC MELTDOWN w/ all the POLITARDS dropping out like flies!!

Ok TS, thanks for clearing up what you meant by experience. But think of what this really means. That the majority of Americans were so fed-up with the way the country was run, that they decided to go with a "Black" guy with no experience. Just admit it. That put your panties in a bunch. :D

Seriously, a "Black" guy, no one had ever heard of (outside of Illinois), with no political experience (other than the Senate), defeating the stat quo at a game they have always won (fairly, or not). This, if anything (if you woke up and realized), signals that there is a change gradually happening. The youth (of all races), who I think was the deciding factor in this past election (just like Bush V. Clinton), for the most part, no longer see race as an issue when dealing with others who are not like them. Your way, and your political affiliation's way of thinking is dying out. To the point where they are going to try to prove for a serious 2012 run, that they are not this upper-crust, all-white, All-American, stuffy shirt party. I would not be surprised to see Bobby Jindal, or Michael Steele as nominees in some form for your party, as a testament to this new way of thinking.

Should I then expect to hear some Americans voice how Steele shouldn't be president because "he's Black, and one-third undercover Muslim"? Or rumors of how Bobby Jindal is a non-American, cow worshipping Hindi, with secret ties to the Taliban? Notice how ridiculous these statements are? But like it or not, this is the type of things that were said about Barack by "proud Republicans" moreso than what his stance on issues were.

can you name ANYTHING from the GLEN BECK show or even the HANNIDY show that is not true/incorrect??

Well now, let's see.

You can pick it up at about 30 seconds in.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-august-13-2009/glenn-beck-s-operation

As for Hannity, how about when he substituted footage from one protest to make another one look like more than it really was?

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-november-10-2009/sean-hannity-uses-glenn-beck-s-protest-footage

You see, TaintSkimmer, you believe what you want to believe... or what they want you to believe.

I don't know about teaching pigs to sing. Never tried it, but I guess someone has.

I always thought the saying was about horses and teaching them to drink.

The more of your ridiculous drivel I read, the more I realize that I'm trying to get this horse to drink from the wrong end.

Retirement?

You want to talk about retirement?

OK.

18 Republican members of Congress have announced retirements, as opposed to 15, counting today's announcement, from the other side.

I'm certain there's some point you are trying to make here, but I don't seem to be getting it. What exactly is that point?