M4 & 922r -Anyone made any find more parts yet?

M4SUPER90FAN

Hey guys.

As I get ready for my first 3 gun - figured I'd poke my head in and see if my fellow M4 Owners have found any resouces for parts other then:

-Follower

-Forend (forearm)

-Full sized mag tube

Another question, anyone know if anyone has made a factory like forend (made in USA) without all the 5 lbs in rails?

After our friend "Yallknowwho" failed on his promise of the disconnector, trigger and hammer being made - I found 1 GunSmith and a 1 Machinest. Neither would touch the idea of making these parts.

I keep my fingers crossed for someone to take my money one day.

Thanks!

Edited by M4SUPER90FAN

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Full length mag tube:

Dave's has them in steel. Don't know the status of inventory.

Freedom Fighter Tactical has them in steel and titanium. I bought a charging handle from them and inquired into the inventory of the titanium tube, and they had plenty in stock two weeks ago or so.

Socomguy has steel if you can make contact with him. Same for Kip and titanium, if you can make contact you might get a titanium tube someday.

Full length mag tube:

Dave's has them in steel. Don't know the status of inventory.

Freedom Fighter Tactical has them in steel and titanium. I bought a charging handle from them and inquired into the inventory of the titanium tube, and they had plenty in stock two weeks ago or so.

Socomguy has steel if you can make contact with him. Same for Kip and titanium, if you can make contact you might get a titanium tube someday.

Thanks!

I have one of Dave's, which I haven't installed, but thinking of returning it for one of those CarrierComp Cerakote tubes - or is Freedom Fighter Tactical titanium tubes better quality?

Thanks!

I have one of Dave's, which I haven't installed, but thinking of returning it for one of those CarrierComp Cerakote tubes - or is Freedom Fighter Tactical titanium tubes better quality?

I've not seen either Kips or FFT's titanium tube, yet. I only have the titanium charging handle from FFT and I'm thoroughly impressed.

From what I can gather, FFT's tube may be a stronger titanium than Kips, but I'm not 100% sure and I'm not confident that matters once you get into Ti tubes. The weakest Ti tube may be just fine - again, I do not know it is not my area of expertise.

The other difference is FFT has them in stock and you'd likely have the tube in a matter of days, and with Kip, you'll have to pray for an email answer and wait a long time to get a tube. I think there are people around here that have been waiting a loooonnggg time to get a Kip tube.

Totally worth the wait though!

Hookster :)

I disagree. Who in their right mind would want to wait and wait for something that may or may not happen? Especially when there are as good or better alternatives in the marketplace?

You can be a fanboy all you want. But when I want something, I want it now. Not maybe someday and having to wait with little or no information. Its one thing when there is only one person or entity making a specific part. Then you have no choice but to wait. But when alternatives exist? Pfft. Waiting is for suckers.

Also, I may be old fashioned, but customer service goes a long way with me. I don't buy things from entities where customer service is the suck. I don't care how good the stuff is. Call me crazy, I still believe in customer service, even in the age of the internet.

:)

Edited by h.bowman

I've not seen either Kips or FFT's titanium tube, yet. I only have the titanium charging handle from FFT and I'm thoroughly impressed.

From what I can gather, FFT's tube may be a stronger titanium than Kips, but I'm not 100% sure and I'm not confident that matters once you get into Ti tubes. The weakest Ti tube may be just fine - again, I do not know it is not my area of expertise.

The other difference is FFT has them in stock and you'd likely have the tube in a matter of days, and with Kip, you'll have to pray for an email answer and wait a long time to get a tube. I think there are people around here that have been waiting a loooonnggg time to get a Kip tube.

I got mine from CarrierComp within a week right around Christmas.

It's their first step into the polymer molding arena. They're taking it slow. Having a mold made is not cheap. Even a basic mold can cost 10,000 dollars to have made. Something more complex like a stock will likely be significantly more.

Benelli likes to use jacka55 type screws and threads on their parts. So a lot of the hardware has to be custom made to fit. You don't get to just call up McMaster Carr and buy hardware. If I recall, the threading on the receiver extension that the fixed stock screws into is a real mickey mouse thread design for example.

I expect additional delays from their revised release date in all honesty. Having it come together in under a year and still having it made in the US is pretty quick.

Last Activity: 02-20-2010 08:59 PM

I wish panabax would make an appearance and give an update on his PISTONS whether he has had time to test or not and give an update on this IMPORTANT topic to many of us. He last visited on 2-20-10 as you can see above.