M4 Sling Options

sib1948

I'm using a Blue Force Gear Vickers Padded Sling. I put an HK 1" Sling Snap Hook on it and attach it to the small hole in the Benelli Collapsible Stock. I have a Surefire Rail so I have a GG & G Sling Thingy (Heavy Duty) on the other end of the sling.

I use a Specter Gear 3pt sling with ERB on my M4s. They make one specifically for Benellis. It has a narrow strap on one

end that threads through the slot in the collapsible stock (and the pg stock slot also).

http://www.spectergear.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=292

On the front I use a Blue Force Gear adapter (with the factory sling loop turned 90 degrees) with a parachute clip that I thread the Specter Gear sling onto. It clips on and off easily for cleaning or if you want more mobility for a moment.

http://www.blueforcegear.com/long-emergency-release-strap-for-fixed-sling-loops/

If Blue Force made a 3pt more readily adaptable to the Benelli M4 I would buy it. I have one of theirs

on a rifle and it has extra tough nylon webbing.

m4h2osling.jpg

Edited by 12508

Well...I'm a "single" point sling guy so I prefer a Magpul MS3 sling (in black) attached to a GG&G sling adapter made for the M4. It attaches at the end of the receiver and does not interfere with the collapsible stock at all. The best part about it is...you can convert it to a two point sling if you want.

If you need to scale a wall or climb a ladder with your M4, you can in seconds convert it and sling the M4 around your back, climb the wall/ladder, then convert it back or not. The hook on the sling is "lockable" too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1500[/ATTACH]Single or Dual Point - depending on anticipated needs.

Dual Points: QD's up front on Gear Sector Rail adapter; rear QD with 550 Paracord to native aperture in the stock.

Single Point: Modified Mesa Tactical QD swivel

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1496[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1497[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1498[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1499[/ATTACH]

• 1 year later...
Well...I'm a "single" point sling guy so I prefer a Magpul MS3 sling (in black) attached to a GG&G sling adapter made for the M4. It attaches at the end of the receiver and does not interfere with the collapsible stock at all. The best part about it is...you can convert it to a two point sling if you want.

If you need to scale a wall or climb a ladder with your M4, you can in seconds convert it and sling the M4 around your back, climb the wall/ladder, then convert it back or not. The hook on the sling is "lockable" too.

Awesome. Thanks.

I bought the same sling for my M1014 (M4) that I bought for my AR. It's a

Viking Tactics VTAC Wide Padded Sling Black UPGRADED Version VTAC-MK2-BK-UG

It allows the weapons to be quickly wielded at chest height, slung over the back, or full prone shooting at extended butt stock settings with a quick pull of the "take-up" adjustment strap, or quick tug of the "relax-buckle" lanyard. Not being in combat normally or sweeping houses, it's nice to be able to move the weapons to my back so they are out of the way or pull it up close for more control, and still no need to have to actually lay them down. There are video/photos of the versatility of the slings. The VTAC system seemed to be the best of all worlds. They have them at Amazon or many tactical suppliers.

001_zpsee3356ab.jpg

IWC Rear QD Sling Mount

This mount is made for a MOE stock, but fits perfectly for the Benelli M4's collapsible stock.

DSC00031_zpse8a4f6fd.jpg

AVA Tactical Light mount and QD Sling Mount

I use a Blue Force Gear VCAS padded 2 point sling with sewn in QD connectors. It's simple, easy to use and adjustible. You can cinch the sling tight so it holds tight to your body, or let a bunch of slack out so you can shoot while it is still slung. After years of trying different slings and attachment methods, I'm finally happy with it.

I don't like the VTAC, the leash gets in the way. The best sling out there is the VCAS by Blue Force Gear.

I don't see anyone using 3 point slings any more, and a 1 point sling on a pig like a Benelli M4 seems like a bad idea. Someone called a 1 point sling a "pendulum of pain".

Larry Vickers has some thoughts on slings:

http://vickerstactical.com/tactical-tips/carbine-slings/