Rmr vs t2 for m4

BK02

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2021 at 3:13 AM, Fullassault said:

The T2 will give you a clearer image and battery life of around 4-5 years of constant on. the RMR has a very good battery life too but it also has the fiber optic/ tritium option. Both are battle tested, both will serve you well.  Cowitness has its draw backs. If your optic gets damaged or muddy both sight and irons are out of commission. If you run a low mount on the rail all you need to do is flick a lever and you have your irons. personally I run a low QD mount RMR because I like running the stock collapsed. I have a BKC front sight and the triangle RMR.

31F8F201-EE18-4CEB-98D8-954A1AB74055.thumb.jpeg.347bbdb5c6ddcbb4db49a5cb8dde0186.jpeg

945FA88F-91E3-4BFF-8EE0-319CE43BE246.thumb.jpeg.aa9c1a995531d451edb43ad3a26767e8.jpeg

B49B0F6C-F2FB-4EC2-9AAD-7833829BF859.thumb.jpeg.97e6c5deb13fa34834457a53798c2217.jpeg

06759928-99C3-46A4-A081-FAFB754E5E8E.thumb.jpeg.5661cd219a6dfd11cf2b56bddc1d6ae2.jpeg

Who's front post is that? I like that.

On 2/6/2022 at 4:42 PM, Doge said:

Feels like I bought a tax stamp since I'm already like 8 months on my ACRO P-2. ?

I've been waiting for a P-2 to come available as well.  I didn't pre order this time around because I figured the wait was going to be long.  I didn't want to tie up the $$ for months. 

However, now it seems when they do trickle in it's such a small quantity.  Those of course end up going to the pre order crowd.  I guess I'm just hosed.

I just wonder why.  I  know the supply chain is jacked but it doesn't seem like there is a shortage of T-2s etc.

• 1 month later...

IMG-5050.jpg

IMG-5051.jpg

IMG-E5052.jpg

First impressions are great. Size is phenomenal. I can see why some friends in my circle are dumping their T-2 and RMRs for this. The walls of the optic kind of disappear once you peer through it.

The phone capture on the last picture was hard to do, so it gives an illusion of a fuzzy dot but it is in fact very crisp. There is a very faint blue tint to my eyes and it is on par with the T-2. This tint is also confirmed with some users on arfcom.

Edited by Doge
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Very nice! My concern is...what keeps the crossbolt/clamp from coming loose? I shot loose every crossbolt item I ever put on a shotgun, shot loose my scalarworks T2 mount at 15 in lb until I blue loctited it, and shot loose my IWC until I torqued to 30 in lb and blue loctited it. So the p2...has me nervous. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Unobtanium said:

Very nice! My concern is...what keeps the crossbolt/clamp from coming loose? I shot loose every crossbolt item I ever put on a shotgun, shot loose my scalarworks T2 mount at 15 in lb until I blue loctited it, and shot loose my IWC until I torqued to 30 in lb and blue loctited it. So the p2...has me nervous. 

My optic's Torx bolt did not have loctite applied from the factory but is a little oversized on the end. You can feel the pretension of the bolt before it starts clamping on the dovetail jaw. It feels solid on the mounts I have. I will report back from range testing in the near future whether it does loosen but I highly doubt it as these are marketed towards pistols.

I also ordered the metal battery cap as a minor upgrade. The battery coin slot is 2mm wide and I don't have a screwdriver that fits it perfectly, but the metal one I do.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2022 at 3:25 PM, Doge said:

IMG-5050.jpg

IMG-5051.jpg

IMG-E5052.jpg

First impressions are great. Size is phenomenal. I can see why some friends in my circle are dumping their T-2 and RMRs for this. The walls of the optic kind of disappear once you peer through it.

The phone capture on the last picture was hard to do, so it gives an illusion of a fuzzy dot but it is in fact very crisp. There is a very faint blue tint to my eyes and it is on par with the T-2. This tint is also confirmed with some users on arfcom.

very nice. I heard aimpoint was close to fulfilling the initial batch gov contract on these and we should start seeing more in the wild. Looking to add one as an offset RDS.

4 hours ago, Doge said:

My optic's Torx bolt did not have loctite applied from the factory but is a little oversized on the end. You can feel the pretension of the bolt before it starts clamping on the dovetail jaw. It feels solid on the mounts I have. I will report back from range testing in the near future whether it does loosen but I highly doubt it as these are marketed towards pistols.

I also ordered the metal battery cap as a minor upgrade. The battery coin slot is 2mm wide and I don't have a screwdriver that fits it perfectly, but the metal one I do.

Did you torque it to the correct 26.4 (+- of course...) inch pounds? I am eagerly awaiting your assessment of mount-to-optic shooting loose (or not)! THANKS!

9 hours ago, Doge said:

What part number is/where did you order a metal battery cap?

Who knows. It might be a cost thing, but on the Duty RDS, the stock images show a plastic cap whereas the delivered units have a metal cap. If you examine closely on the second image you will see that the metal cap is borrowed from the Micro/Hunter (just without the laser engraving).

I don't think it is anything to be concerned about. If you want the metal cap, it is cheap and readily available. You could even put the Knight's Armament Cap like on the Glock and have two batteries onboard.

Duty RDS™ 2 MOA - Red Dot Reflex Sight with 39 mm One-piece TNP Mount &  Spacer - Aimpoint Global

Which aimpoint: Duty RDS or T1 - Page 2 - AR15.COM

Speak of the devil.. scored a P2 along with an 11.5 SR15 upper from the rooftopdefense drop last night. Where did you get the MOS plate for the acro from?

That KAC battery cap is nice but they are going for $150+. I don't think it's even worth the $40 it retails for. Ended up parting with mine.

44 minutes ago, Kahamu said:

Speak of the devil.. scored a P2 along with an 11.5 SR15 upper from the rooftopdefense drop last night. Where did you get the MOS plate for the acro from?

That KAC battery cap is nice but they are going for $150+. I don't think it's even worth the $40 it retails for. Ended up parting with mine.

Even worse than $150...

Screenshot_20220402-095332_Brave.jpg

Also here's a size comparison of the P-2 and CompM5S. Sorry no T-2 as the gun it is on is in service at the shop. There's a few comparison pictures on Arfcom.IMG_5113.JPG.1956c757342cb2939164ba95de594788.JPG

Also got to visit Holosun. Their service is fantastic and friendly.

IMG_5114.thumb.JPG.f7155f3a7be95a90cb51917d70a08688.JPG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I did Scalarworks with a T2. Battery life for a serious use optic is enough reason for me in over 20 years. Beyond that I’ve witnessed unbelievable demos on Aimpoint products. The Micro is minimalistic enough and has too much going for it to be overlooked imho.