Sling for M4

Jonnylaw

I like the rear QD so I use it.  Attachment, front left and rear right.  Helps in the hanging positioning where the gun is always being pulled into the body from the weight of the gun rather than being pulled outward by gravity.  Same as shown in the picture above.

edit: left handed would be opposite 

Edited by Ben elLes

Check out Flatline Fiber Co. They make a non padded & padded sling. Small operation and I believe veteran owned, all hand-made in USA w/ lifetime warranty, free shipping and they have 13 different color patterns to choose. Purpose built, excellent quick-adjust and the padded section is longer & better than any other out there. I own 4 of the padded version in Tropic Multicam w/QD.

• Like 1

I use mil-surp M60 slings with qd mounts. Nothing fancy, you have to adjust them using tri-glides but they're wide and nicely padded as they are meant for much heavier guns. Last time I bought some they were $20 each. You can have any color you want as long as it's black.

Edited by StreetSweeper56
Add info
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, StreetSweeper56 said:

I use mil-surp M60 slings with qd mounts. Nothing fancy, you have to adjust them using tri-glides but they're wide and nicely padded as they are meant for much heavier guns. Last time I bought some they were $20 each. You can have any color you want as long as it's black.

I’ll consider getting one but only if they have it in black

• Upvote 1

I use VTAC padded slings on my SBR and three RECCE’s. Purchased another for my SBS, to be used w/QD’s, IWC, & QD Point for the c-stock. Unsure of whether or not it will be favorable, as I’m still waiting on eFile. My previous Benellis I used wilderness Tactical three points slings that I liked a great deal.  

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, BamBam said:

Check out Flatline Fiber Co. They make a non padded & padded sling. Small operation and I believe veteran owned, all hand-made in USA w/ lifetime warranty, free shipping and they have 13 different color patterns to choose. Purpose built, excellent quick-adjust and the padded section is longer & better than any other out there. I own 4 of the padded version in Tropic Multicam w/QD.

Thanks for mentioning. Never heard of them before. They also had replacement headbands for MSA ear pro which I ordered! For the sling, I’m assuming the QD swivels are not sewn in? Do you have any picture?

For those with the BFG Vickers sling, did you get the custom version?

For options I’m assuming Push button swing swivels, plastic triglides are preferred. What about the front attachment? Do many opt to directly sew the front QD? Rear only has tri glide as option.

On 4/11/2022 at 1:04 AM, Jonnylaw said:

For those with the BFG Vickers sling, did you get the custom version?

Yes. They used to have the option of both ends sewn in as well as all aluminum triglides.  I have one like that but cut the stitches to swap swivels for ALG ones. The micro qd buttons on the BFG swivels didn’t work well w my fat thumbs. I also Added a IWC triglide w/ qd to the stock end for a 2 to 1 point option. I probably won’t use it but who knows. I like knowing it’s there if I need it. 

Edited by Pack Rat
Punctuation

• 3 months later...
On 4/10/2022 at 5:09 AM, Unobtanium said:

ESD. I hard mount the sling at the back though vs using QD.274947004_1294316937727303_7811181586184036312_n.thumb.jpg.dfb32a123e0392cc6330afc61166abea.jpg

I was just visiting The Edgar Sherman Design booth at Sig Sauer Experience Center on Friday. They had some real nice slings. I’ve been using the VTAC padded sling because I found the BFG Vickers to be too short. I decided to give ESD a try and ordered the black multicam sling. Looking for ward to it. 
oh and btw.. they are coming out with their own dump pouch. I was told it would be available in about a month. They are calling it The Sap Bucket, in honor of New Hampshire maple syrup. 

7EC2E066-F40E-4F0F-943E-4F2F812BF7C7.jpeg

5711015D-6C2A-4CE1-8413-26599C917ABF.jpeg

• Upvote 1