24+ pages of spam!

Steve Rose

50 minutes ago, StrangerDanger said:

They typically attack forums on holiday weekends to sell their micro penis supplies knowing the forum moderator doesn’t do any kind of work off the clock. 

Lol! Micro penis supplies!

I say hijacked because, if you notice, the poster has made themselves a "senior member" with a zero reputation. Hopefully we will be running smoothly again in short order.

• Upvote 2

Benelli would do well to apppoint a regular member with reputation to have low level admin power, honestly.  What a crap shoot.

a velocity filter would be useful, stopping members/IP from doing more than 2 new posts an hour or something.  

Edited by RxArms
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, RxArms said:

Benelli would do well to apppoint a regular member with reputation to have low level admin power, honestly.  What a crap shoot.

a velocity filter would be useful, stopping members/IP from doing more than 2 new posts an hour or something.  

There are some of us who diligently report spam on this forum. It wouldn't take much of anything to assign a staffer (there are three who are forum admins) to monitor their email during a holiday break and deal with the problem in a timely fashion when the spam report emails pour in. This problem of the holiday forum hijacks is only going to get worse in the future if not checked. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Does anyone know how to go about signing up to be an admin? Could we, average members recommend people? I will recommend a few of you on here for sure to do it or whoever has an interest in doing so. This is crazy that this entire forum can be hijacked like that. We use this board quite frequently and it is not like it is some dead forum that nobody uses. Any info on who to contact at Benelli or whoever runs this site would be greatly appreciated so maybe we can all call them or email them and let them know who among us should have admin powers.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

• 1 month later...

One can look up the "whois" information for benelliusa.com and get some contact information, but it could just be the people that created the site and run the domain name registrars. I am in I.T. so a bit of a geek, but I often find that information helpful.

• Upvote 1

Benelli admins smartly assigned a few of us as moderators so we can kill the spam and moderate the usual forum stupidity. The little shield on the user profile picture indicates who is a moderator now. That way we can delete the crap on nights, weekends and holidays where Benelli staff aren't going to be around.

Sukhoi_fan and I were assigned as them. There might be more, but I haven't seen them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StrangerDanger said:

Benelli admins smartly assigned a few of us as moderators so we can kill the spam and moderate the usual forum stupidity. The little shield on the user profile picture indicates who is a moderator now. That way we can delete the crap on nights, weekends and holidays where Benelli staff aren't going to be around.

Sukhoi_fan and I were assigned as them. There might be more, but I haven't seen them.

Awesome!!!! Glad they put you guys up as mods!

• Upvote 1