Plug Gas Ports on M4?

BLACK

What does the Horde think about this?

"SRM Arms Gas system By-Pass seal work – The poorly designed factory Benelli gas system bypass (which is of very little or no use) is sealed up to improve cycling as the gun gets dirty from high fire rate. When the gas system begins to build up carbon from extended use, the bypass tends to get stuck in the open position and the gun will cease to cycle PERIOD. Sealing the bypass eliminates the possibility of this occurring."

GunJoker Auction

Exactly what does 'high fire rate' really mean?? And how is that different from never cleaning the self-cleaning pistons?? Never heard of any such failure, however from what I gather Stranger Danger has put over 10k rounds through his M4. If anyone has has 'high rate' experience it'd be SD.

ETA: FWIW I did googled 'SRM Arms gas system by-pass (and bypass) Benelli M4' and the only result relative to the Benelli M4 is the gunjoker listing in the OP.

Edited by Sukhoi_fan

What does the Horde think about this?

"SRM Arms Gas system By-Pass seal work – The poorly designed factory Benelli gas system bypass (which is of very little or no use) is sealed up to improve cycling as the gun gets dirty from high fire rate. When the gas system begins to build up carbon from extended use, the bypass tends to get stuck in the open position and the gun will cease to cycle PERIOD. Sealing the bypass eliminates the possibility of this occurring."

GunJoker Auction

ROFLMAO!

Really? I guess there's a sucker born every minute...

Total bullcrap.

I took apart the ARGO system at the 12k mark just to see how to do it. While there is a bit of carbon inside the plugs, it certainly wasn't seizing them open or closed. The carbon is self limiting.

It sounds like they're jamming them closed so the piston is getting the **** beat out of it no matter the round dram. They're so certain of the modification, that they don't even post about it on their website.

It sounds like they try to prevent the ARGO from opening during the pressure cycle. So all the power gets dumped thru the piston no matter what the dram load. Sounds potentially dangerous for the pistons and the bolt carrier. I already wore one bolt carrier out Asa result of over gassing from a 4 port barrel.