M4 OEM Sling

Kaiser

Ok, so here is how the OEM Benelli sling mounts and operates

In the 1st pic, the circle shows strapping with the snaps is the loop to attach the sling to the front sling lug.

In the second pic, the slider is for snugging the weapon to the body when shooting a pistol or some other action where hands are off the gun.

In the third pic, there are two things going on. The red circle shows the rear sling attachment. The white circle shows the adjuster for the overall length of the sling.

The sling length should be adjusted with the white circled adjuster so the gun can be shouldered. Once this is done, it isn’t to be messed with. It is also adjusted to allow the snugging adjustment in the second pic to slide up to near the left armpit, for a right hand shooter, when snugging the gun  

The straps at the clips allow for a quieter sling vs attaching the hooks directly to the gun, no metal on metal. The straps can be removed if one wishes to just use the clips.

791C8148-9C3C-4802-BF62-FB0736AB1E70.jpeg

81AD256A-AAE5-4B8E-B1B1-5AE75FDAACDD.jpeg

5912DAD1-03F5-4AE3-812A-661764669EF1.jpeg

Edited by M2_shootr
  • Like 1

Thanks Shooter,

I appreciate the input, a couple of observations.

First, the front loop with the snaps will not pass thru the front attachment point, I found that odd. I feel like it's weird that the forward and rear end attachments are not the same.

Second, there is a loop of webbing next to the front HK clip, not sure what that's designed for.

Thanks again for commenting, and all your contributions to this forum.

On 4/24/2021 at 12:11 AM, MrMilitaryPolice said:

excellent choice. i have six of them..one on my M4S90 and M1S90 , my Vepr 12 and 3 of my Colt AR's.  i dont think you'll be dissapointed. they're great slings

Mine got here today. As you said, this is a great sling, well worth the $50. I will be getting one for my Ruger PC Carbine.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 4/23/2021 at 2:42 PM, Freelancer99 said:

Thanks Shooter,

I appreciate the input, a couple of observations.

First, the front loop with the snaps will not pass thru the front attachment point, I found that odd. I feel like it's weird that the forward and rear end attachments are not the same.

Second, there is a loop of webbing next to the front HK clip, not sure what that's designed for.

Thanks again for commenting, and all your contributions to this forum.

So I just received the Benelli YYK sling and trying to figure how to install it. You are correct the front loop will not fit thru the attachment point due to the snaps. Strange. Anyone have a suggestion, dont want to do metal to metal…