Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benelli Forums
chop123

How is the season going

Guys how are your season going thus far?Mine is really sucking so far,the geese dont seem to be here like they were this time last year.They also are not hitting the winter wheat like they usually do early in the season,strange.This time last year i had did some real damage,so far only two geese,in a field,water is where i do best.I live in Northumberland County,Virginia.

same here... the ducks and geese dont seem to be around.. i went out thurs fri and today and shot 1 mallard and 1 black duck thats about it. if it wasn't for pheasant hunting after duck hunting this weekend would have been a complete wash. It's the weather its still in the high 50's here in NJ and its almost Dec!

Same here in North Carolina... the temps have been a little on the warm side and the ducks are basically non existant, this really sucks because last year was awesome and I was really looking forward to slaying them this year with my new Benelli!

Very slow here in California. At least we have 60 more days, and January is usually the best month.

A ton of birds just north of St' Louis first few days of the season. Then I guess the alien's came and got, no one I know of has shot a bird in two weeks around these parts.

Long Island very slow... Two black ducks were taking but the geese aren't moving at all... Some flocks moving through but it is still to warm. We need things to freeze up north for more birds. Our season closes for 1 week so let the cold weather move on in...

If your waiting for a big push from the north keep waiting.....I am in the north and still waiting for a late Mallard flight but its just not happening yet, too warm and nothing is froze over yet. It will be cold this week, but may be not enough to push them down. Most all northern lakes and rivers are all open, which is odd this late in the year.

Huh? Why don't the two on the left have green heads?

Just giving you a hard time, looks like you had a good shoot.

Huh? Why don't the two on the left have green heads?

Just giving you a hard time, looks like you had a good shoot.

That stuff really bothers some folks.

They're too tasty to pass up in my opinion. :cool:

The ducks have been almost non-existent in western Arkansas. Like everyone keeps saying, just waiting on the weather up north to cooperate.

Anyone seeing ducks yet? Our place is flooded at the moment so any ducks we're getting are all spread out through the timber.

Im at school in south dakota right now, the season is pretty much over here and it was very slow! Im heading back to western wyoming this week to hopefully alot better hunting. I really hope that we get a good push of birds soon cause its been a slow one so far. If not, there are always coyotes and rabbits:)

well in SW La. a couple hours and you have your limit the ducks are thick you almost can pick and choose which ones you want to shoot. i went a week ago and all we did was just shoot and we never even broke out the calls.

Ive been to commerce watershed a few times, Hartwell lake (most success), and the Savannah River on the South Carolina border.

Its been froze tight here in nevada.About a week and a half of straight -15 and snowingweather. Kinda a slow season overall. Hoping for it to open back up or melt the snow to start slaying some geese in the feilds