Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benelli Forums
StrangerDanger

Benelli M4 - Aftermarket Buffer System

Recommended Posts

This looks interesting. Might pick it up to give it a whirl. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a high quality piece. I have to wonder though if messing with the inertia of the bolt carrier (creating more resistance) might cause malfunctions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My M4 has the lightest recoil of any 12 ga. that I have ever tried.  How much lighter can it get?

If one of you gets one, please let us know how it goes.  I might look into getting the one for the Hellcat, that little gun has some recoil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NoTycoon said:

My M4 has the lightest recoil of any 12 ga. that I have ever tried.  How much lighter can it get?

If one of you gets one, please let us know how it goes.  I might look into getting the one for the Hellcat, that little gun has some recoil.

I run one on my Steyr pistol and it does make a difference on handguns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like they have some interesting stuff.  I don't like the fact they have multiple springs with the pistol guide rods.  If they came up with two how about make a Goldie Locks version in the middle?  Then and just go with that spring/weight.  I don't want to have to think that hard and play mad scientist burning through ammo back and forth.

Once decided my mind will then play tricks on me and tell me to go back to the other spring.  Then back to the other, I don't need that aggravation.

In my mind I've defeated the idea before I've even tried it.  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Milspec said:

Looks like they have some interesting stuff.  I don't like the fact they have multiple springs with the pistol guide rods.  If they came up with two how about make a Goldie Locks version in the middle?  Then and just go with that spring/weight.  I don't want to have to think that hard and play mad scientist burning through ammo back and forth.

Once decided my mind will then play tricks on me and tell me to go back to the other spring.  Then back to the other, I don't need that aggravation.

In my mind I've defeated the idea before I've even tried it.  LOL

I hear ya. If designed correctly, the spring choice won’t cause failures, it will just not be as effective as running a different weight. When the bolt carrier slams to the end of the plunger, it starts to engage the internal spring buffer. Too soft, and the the moving carrier just slams into the end of the recoil tube. Too stiff and it is like hitting the bottom as well. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could not wait to hear how it works. I went ahead and ordered two springs from Zahal (Israeli Tactical Gear).  One for the M4 and one for the Hellcat.

I need to stop reading about new gear 🤪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m still waiting on mine. Slowest. Shipping. Ever. Might as well be Optics Planet or Brownells free shipping which goes 8th class Pony Express. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Following my order with Zahal (and the 12% discount offered on the site banner), they sent me a discount code for 25% off.  One of you may want to use FLASH25 to order yourself one of the recoil reduction rods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2020 at 11:47 AM, StrangerDanger said:

I’m still waiting on mine. Slowest. Shipping. Ever. Might as well be Optics Planet or Brownells free shipping which goes 8th class Pony Express. 

Any update?  Mine are still stuck in Greece.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still waiting. Sent a Karen email over the weekend asking where it was. They replied they’d look into it. It’s been over a month now. I might report them to gunbroker if it doesn’t turn up soon. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, StrangerDanger said:

Still waiting. Sent a Karen email over the weekend asking where it was. They replied they’d look into it. It’s been over a month now. I might report them to gunbroker if it doesn’t turn up soon. 

Perhaps the gunbroker merchant is waiting for a shipment from Greece.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NoTycoon said:

Perhaps the gunbroker merchant is waiting for a shipment from Greece.

Perhaps. However that should be disclosed in the auction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Looks pretty neat and reminds me of the dual recoil assemblies on the HK USP. Adding this to the system won't effect the inertia of the bolt carrier but will change the spring force it sees during firing and hopefully the perceived recoil. My guess is that they're shooting for some type of progressive spring system that kicks in as the buffer nears the end of its travel? That tool has me more excited than the buffer 😋

Edited by JonLancewood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want that tool too! 
 

The design should work to keep the bolt carrier from coming to a dead blow hit at the end of rearward travel. Instead of just bottoming out, it should land on that spring loaded plunger assembly. 
 

Hopefully mine is sitting in customs as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news, and bad.  My package finally arrived from Israel.  It only contained my second order for my XDm.  No parts for the M4, nor the Hellcat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Better news, the M4 and Hellcat recoil parts arrived today. Just in a different package and with no tracking information.  Now I just need for the weather to clear so that I can get out to the range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...