Benelli M4 Titanium Magazine Cap

RxArms

Good Day all,

I am putting out a feeler for how many would be interested in such a product.  Titanium is a bit softer than steel in relation to density, so over time the "teeth" that engage with the hardened steel detent will wear.  However, I have also noticed this also taking place on steel caps as well.  I've also seen Aluminum magazine caps on cheaper turkish guns that engage steel detents, which hold up over time (albiet with a bit of deformation also).

Why Titanium?  Well, it is about 50% of the weight of steel (the end cap is fairly heavy).  And it is very strong.  I would also copy the OEM design exactly as is, if it ain't broke...

I can offer a cerekote graphite black on it to replicate the OEM colour scheme.  

EDIT:  If you are interested, please visit this page and sign up for the Ti Cap so I can get an acurate idea.  Thanks!  https://www.rxarms.com/out-of-stock

Edited by RxArms
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Milspec said:

Sounds cool.  I’m assuming it would omit the polymer/plastic cover over the cap?

Will black be available?

Yes would not be any polymer or anything, just titanium, cerkote black.  I may even try to engineer it a bit better on the inside to shave off more weight, I am in conversation with my machine shop engineer to see what we can do.

• Upvote 3

I run the Nordic +1 extension (in addition to the 7 round tube) to balance out the breacher muzzle.

Not really in my plans but I think its great more alternatives keep being made like small entrepreneurs like yourself. Thanks for supporting the M4

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StrangerDanger said:

I'd consider an aluminum one over titanium for weight savings. I'd also look into making have an embedded hardened steel ring around the base so the detent didn't chew it up the ratcheting teeth. The parts could be threaded together and bound together permanently.

I’ve been running a m4 clone aluminum clone cap for around a thousand rounds and no wear on it .For the weight savings 

47 minutes ago, rubicon20032003 said:

I’ve been running a m4 clone aluminum clone cap for around a thousand rounds and no wear on it .For the weight savings 

I'll look into Aluminum, I just figured the M4 crowd likes the status of Ti a bit ;)  Ti price might be too unreasonable to make it viable, still waiting on pricing.

Heard back from the machine shop today regarding these.  Some changes have to made to the design, due to the polymer mold that is used on the current cap, some aspects of the design are not practical.  Instead of the lines popping out on top of the mold, the lines will be milled down into the handle (instead of protruding).  As a result, this will lighten the cap a bit, but the look will be a bit different.  Otherwise the milling time required will not make the cost feasible.  This is the biggest change to the look of the cap.  Still waiting on estimated weights vs the steel variant, I'll report back when I have the info.

• Upvote 5

Ok so here’s the deal, the original cap is mostly polymer, it actually has a very low weight of 37 grams, titanium would be 48g (est), aluminum would be 29g (est).

so the only viable weight reduction would be using aluminum, which would save roughly 8g.

I can still do a run of these if you guys are still interested.