M4-A1 finally being imported

Doge

I've found them for $23XX, but honestly, what's good about it? That QD mechanism is kinda cool. The stock is cool for having more adjustment, but it also hasn't got a 2 decade service history in the USMC. Maybe it's durable as hell, maybe not. The charging handle isn't as good as RX Arms, and the rail is compatible with literally nothing but Benelli rail sections. The bolt release likewise isn't as nice as the one from Benelliparts. After looking at it as a whole, I honestly prefer what the aftermarket has provided me in the mean time, money being no object. IF the rail were MLOK compatible, I'd say that was one feature I'd like. Also, some people will like this stock variant. I prefer the current one, solely because yes it meets my needs, and yes it's been tested to hell and back.

NO AFFILIATION

https://xtremegunsandammo.com/shop/shotguns-for-sale/benelli-shotguns-for-sale/benelli-m4-for-sale/benelli-m4-tactical-le/

Edited by Unobtanium
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Av12g said:

is it just me or does anyone else find the new stock fugly as all hell compared to the classic c-stock. 

Yeah curved stock with straight back of the m4 receiver doesn’t mesh well. If they’d gone with a more curved m2 receiver style or altered the stock to be straighter it could work. Probably just cheaper to reuse already molded parts for this update…

Edited by Scout_21

2 hours ago, Av12g said:

is it just me or does anyone else find the new stock fugly as all hell compared to the classic c-stock. 

I'm good with it. The interfacing portion is still straight. One might say, curved stock for curved cheek, because THAT's the curved part. I can dig it, but my OG C-stock still has 20 years of flawless track record regarding it being a perfectly viable design.

Picked up my M4 SBS from dealer three days ago and they had that very shotgun. I hate the rail. I guess I didn’t notice the charging handle. The new style stock is much easier to actuate then my collapsible stock, but it is ugly IMO, except for the photograph I dropped of the M3 SBS that has one.

8 minutes ago, KiloEcho6 said:

Picked up my M4 SBS from dealer three days ago and they had that very shotgun. I hate the rail. I guess I didn’t notice the charging handle. The new style stock is much easier to actuate then my collapsible stock, but it is ugly IMO, except for the photograph I dropped of the M3 SBS that has one.

You learn to get pretty adept at operating your C-stock after a while, but there is a learning curve for sure. I am of the opinion that Benelli put a lot of engineering into making that thing stand up to Aberdeen testing. It's got a replaceable steel pin that interfaces with flat in the recoil tube, plus a spring-loaded volcano-shaped detent that wedges in the groove. It's a VERY robust system. The new one? I'd have to look at it. But I KNOW the old one works, and it has the proper LOP's for my uses, right on the money. Full out for NODS use, medium 12.25" LOP for daytime use

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I kind of like the heat shield and foregrip, but the curved buttstock is not my favourite and looks turkish cheap imo.

I don't know much about this model, I'm assuming this is just a "premium" offering from benelli for the M4 civillian market while still keeping the M1014 and standard M4 11707?

Edited by RxArms

On 8/5/2022 at 11:51 AM, RxArms said:

I kind of like the heat shield and foregrip, but the curved buttstock is not my favourite and looks turkish cheap imo.

I don't know much about this model, I'm assuming this is just a "premium" offering from benelli for the M4 civillian market while still keeping the M1014 and standard M4 11707?

I think someone *ahemcough* should start making heat shields for the M4. 

• Upvote 2

On 8/5/2022 at 9:51 AM, RxArms said:

All it is a regular M4 dressed up with some accessories. These are not new to the global market and have been sold outside of North America for a few years now.

You can get a classic looking M1014 or this accessorized version. Is it as cool as a NP3 silver M4? No, but it's good to see more options for consumers.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/4/2022 at 7:37 AM, Unobtanium said:

I've found them for $23XX, but honestly, what's good about it? That QD mechanism is kinda cool. The stock is cool for having more adjustment, but it also hasn't got a 2 decade service history in the USMC. Maybe it's durable as hell, maybe not. The charging handle isn't as good as RX Arms, and the rail is compatible with literally nothing but Benelli rail sections. The bolt release likewise isn't as nice as the one from Benelliparts. After looking at it as a whole, I honestly prefer what the aftermarket has provided me in the mean time, money being no object. IF the rail were MLOK compatible, I'd say that was one feature I'd like. Also, some people will like this stock variant. I prefer the current one, solely because yes it meets my needs, and yes it's been tested to hell and back.

NO AFFILIATION

https://xtremegunsandammo.com/shop/shotguns-for-sale/benelli-shotguns-for-sale/benelli-m4-for-sale/benelli-m4-tactical-le/

These shotguns are really worth spending money. Added to the wishlist, will buy in couple of days

Edited by AndrewNgobeni
spell mistake

12 hours ago, DEBWB said:

So where did the heat shield on this one come from... ? I like it a lot better than the one on the new m4.

I bought this one ... https://www.shotgunheatshield.com/Mossberg-Heat-Shield/ ... from SHS.

Yes, it's plastic, but so are the M4/M1014 forends, so that's not a problem for me. In fact, I like the feel/grip of the plastic better than metal. This heat shield easily attaches to the barrel near the front sight, but figuring out how to attach it near the receiver is the hard part. In advising me on what not to do, the owner of SHS sent me some hilarious photos of M4/M1014 forends that had been amateurishly hacked to bits by owners trying to jerry-rig some kind of attachment near the receiver. Yeah, no thanks.

The Professional Automobile Detailer 😆 in this classic of a thread ... https://forums.benelliusa.com/topic/24550-cheap-heat-shield-for-m4/ ... used a Ranger Band and IMHO it's the cleanest jerry-rig I've seen so far. I may follow suit or use something like ... https://www.voile.com/voile-straps-9-inch-nano-series.html. The holes in the Voile strap kinda/sorta match the holes in the heat shield so it looks a little more artistic/classy.

My barrel is still being repaired by the factory so I haven't had a chance to figure this out yet. Heck, I haven't had a chance to even fire my gun yet. I guess I should start there before I start adding stuff to it. 🙃

Edited by ThisShouldDoTheJob

On 9/8/2022 at 9:43 PM, ThisShouldDoTheJob said:

I bought this one ... https://www.shotgunheatshield.com/Mossberg-Heat-Shield/ ... from SHS.

Yes, it's plastic, but so are the M4/M1014 forends, so that's not a problem for me. In fact, I like the feel/grip of the plastic better than metal. This heat shield easily attaches to the barrel near the front sight, but figuring out how to attach it near the receiver is the hard part. In advising me on what not to do, the owner of SHS sent me some hilarious photos of M4/M1014 forends that had been amateurishly hacked to bits by owners trying to jerry-rig some kind of attachment near the receiver. Yeah, no thanks.

The Professional Automobile Detailer 😆 in this classic of a thread ... https://forums.benelliusa.com/topic/24550-cheap-heat-shield-for-m4/ ... used a Ranger Band and IMHO it's the cleanest jerry-rig I've seen so far. I may follow suit or use something like ... https://www.voile.com/voile-straps-9-inch-nano-series.html. The holes in the Voile strap kinda/sorta match the holes in the heat shield so it looks a little more artistic/classy.

My barrel is still being repaired by the factory so I haven't had a chance to figure this out yet. Heck, I haven't had a chance to even fire my gun yet. I guess I should start there before I start adding stuff to it. 🙃

Just curious, since you haven't shot your gun yet; what's wrong with your barrel ?