1000 bucks for stock... (what a load)

topcover

Greetings Everybody,

Just saw on Gun Broker a skeletonized M4/1014 stock and pistol grip for $1000. All other outlets are saying the stocks are "no longer available."

Does anyone have any info on what is going on with the stock/grip? I'm willing to drop 400-500 simoleons (tops). Supply and demand -- you gotta love/hate it.

-x

Greetings Everybody,

Just saw on Gun Broker a skeletonized M4/1014 stock and pistol grip for $1000. All other outlets are saying the stocks are "no longer available."

Does anyone have any info on what is going on with the stock/grip? I'm willing to drop 400-500 simoleons (tops). Supply and demand -- you gotta love/hate it.

-x

Yeah I saw that one posted on GB. That seller is really on drugs to think anyone who is not on drugs will pay 3/4 the cost of an M4 for that stock.

Guest Cajunkraut
Yeah I saw that one posted on GB. That seller is really on drugs to think anyone who is not on drugs will pay 3/4 the cost of an M4 for that stock.

One went for just over $900 on Ebay. Apparently there are more people on drugs than you think.:eek:

One went for just over $900 on Ebay. Apparently there are more people on drugs than you think.:eek:

I saw that one too. But imo that's ridiculous to pay that much for a stock. The one that was on eBay didn't start with an opening bid of $900.00. To make your opening bid $1000.00 is just plain being greedy, not supply & demand, and that's why it ended & stands re-posted at 0 bids. I'm with topcover...I'll cap out at 400 - 500.

I guess if you have a few stocks, you love it and hate it if you don't. The reason they are not available anymore, is due to BATFE regulations. They are now only available to law enforcement and the military.

That is such a crock!!!!! The last time I checked, the ATFE was an enforcment agency. When did they become part of the Federal judiciary?

I'm about as law abiding as they come and respect all the laws of the land. But, it sure would be nice if a non-liberial oversight commitee was assigned to the ATFE's ability to make up laws as they see fit.

As long as HR1022 is still just a bill, how can they legally make such a ruling?

I can have as many AR collapsible stocks as I want. I can purchase collapsable stocks for Remington 870s all day long.

Okay, now that I've got that off of my chest. . . . . Happy shooting to everyone.

Greetings Everybody,

-x

Obviously you have not seen what some clay shooting sports have paid for their custom fit gun stocks. I just spent $2200.00 for a new butt stock on my sporting clays gun. I have seen others that were well over $5000.00 for some really nice wood.

I am actually thinnking about having a new butt stock done for my M2.

To each his own.

Mike

Obviously you have not seen what some clay shooting sports have paid for their custom fit gun stocks. I just spent $2200.00 for a new butt stock on my sporting clays gun. I have seen others that were well over $5000.00 for some really nice wood.

I am actually thinnking about having a new butt stock done for my M2.

To each his own.

Mike

Mike, I don't think you fall in the category we're talking about since you're talking custom stocks. I can see paying extra for something that's customized, but the M4 collapsible stock falls under the category of "accessories".

I can see having the collapsible stock that you paid $200.00 or so for, and trying to sell it for $400. And if your placing it in an auction that would be your opening bid and then letting the consumers dictate what they are willing to pay, but this guy is just going all out to gouge with a $1000.00 opening bid for that item....and it's obvious.:(

I fail to see what the big deal is. The stocks aren't available to civilians, or are at least very difficult to come by. People want them. They have money. They obviously value that stock at a higher dollar amount than the seller does, so a transaction occurs.

Please stop calling people gougers. If you don't want to pay what the market is supporting for the damn stock, don't buy it. I didn't have the foresight to buy a pile of them, I only have one. If I did have a pile, you can bet I'd be putting them on Ebay one at a time getting a bunch of green for each.

Unless somebody on here is your brother, best friend or is the sibling of a hot babe you are looking to date.... Why in the **** would hand over a stock to them for $400 when you could get $900 on Ebay? That makes absolutely no sense.

Welcome to the Class 3 world in a small way. Those few pretty little black toys are worth piles of money simply because many people want them and there are a very limited supply.

Stop b*tching about "gouging". Just because you can't afford it doesn't mean somebody owes you a free handout in the form of a half priced stock.

Shane A. Bernskoetter

Author of:

Surviving Twilight: A Soldier's Chronicle of Daily Life in Iraq

http://www.survivingtwilight.com

I fail to see what the big deal is. The stocks aren't available to civilians, or are at least very difficult to come by. People want them. They have money. They obviously value that stock at a higher dollar amount than the seller does, so a transaction occurs.

Please stop calling people gougers. If you don't want to pay what the market is supporting for the damn stock, don't buy it. I didn't have the foresight to buy a pile of them, I only have one. If I did have a pile, you can bet I'd be putting them on Ebay one at a time getting a bunch of green for each.

Unless somebody on here is your brother, best friend or is the sibling of a hot babe you are looking to date.... Why in the **** would hand over a stock to them for $400 when you could get $900 on Ebay? That makes absolutely no sense.

Welcome to the Class 3 world in a small way. Those few pretty little black toys are worth piles of money simply because many people want them and there are a very limited supply.

Stop b*tching about "gouging". Just because you can't afford it doesn't mean somebody owes you a free handout in the form of a half priced stock.

Shane A. Bernskoetter

Author of:

Surviving Twilight: A Soldier's Chronicle of Daily Life in Iraq

http://www.survivingtwilight.com

1) How do you know what I can afford? And why would I want to buy another one and especially @ $1000.00?:eek:

2) Since you want "a bunch of green" and you obviously believe $1000.00 is a fair price, why don't you bid on it and sell it? Let's see what you get for it. You won't buy it because your just blabbing and you know you won't get a profit (and at this point that's what everyone is selling this for). Put up your money & prove me wrong.

3) Never did I say "just hand over a stock for $400.00 when you can get $900.00 on eBay for it" What I said was that $400.00 could be your opening bid (to draw interest) and because the item is wanted, the price will rise (let the market determine what the price will be since we're talking auction sites). I've sold lots of things and that is the tactic a smart seller will often use (enough for a profit, yet not too high where the bidder feels like they're legally getting ripped off).

It's plain & simple...at $1000.00 there is no room for placing a "market value" bid and people are turned off by having to shell out a grand off the top if they can take a chance on getting one for less (once again we're talking auction sites and there is one up now THAT IS SELLING & THIS ONE). The seller's obvious greed (since one has not sold for his price), is working against him (that auction already ended at least once without a buyer and the demand is HIGH). If he got $700.00 - 800.00 for it, would he be losing $$ (not likely as evident that he has already sold a bunch of them from the boxes in the background)? Plus he is also selling a standard Benelli M4 w/pistol grip stock for $2100.00...and I dare you to say that that is "market value" and not gouging.

It is ironic that whenever someone tries to argue against the LAWS of supply and demand, they point to the "fools" who spend the big bucks and the "gougers" who get the big bucks.

The only fool in this equation is the person trying to argue against the LAWS of supply and demand. Period.

They are called LAWS for a reason. They aren't theories of supply and demand; it isn't a hypothesis of supply and demand. Its the law of supply and demand. Its the nature of the free market. Learn it. Live it.

The fault is with the BATFE for restricting something to LE that is not in fact illegal for civilian ownership. I talked to the Benelli CS rep and he was under the impression that those stocks are illegal for civilians. I've got 3 so I guess I'm in big trouble LOL. Where does it say that these stocks are illegal? Iwant to see it! This is simply Benelli sucking the *ss of the Fascist oppressors. Viva La Revolution!

It is ironic that whenever someone tries to argue against the LAWS of supply and demand, they point to the "fools" who spend the big bucks and the "gougers" who get the big bucks.

The only fool in this equation is the person trying to argue against the LAWS of supply and demand. Period.

LIKE I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT

Please stop calling people gougers. If you don't want to pay what the market is supporting for the damn stock, don't buy it.

STILL AVAILABLE:rolleyes:

meanwhile...

SOLD

SOLD

SOLD

SOLD

SOLD

SOLD:D

Point proven..Case closed!!

• 8 months later...

***** ***** *****, Thats all im hearing is a bunch of crying by little communist girls, that think that everyone should be entitled to everything.

WTF did you buy a damn M4 for if you are hurting in the $$ area? If people are paying the prices, obviously its worth it. Otherwise, guess what, wait for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,THEY WOULDNT BUY IT!

Is a M4 the first gun over a grand that you own? If so, welcome to the world of expensive ****. If not, are you still this nieve? You people dont have a CLUE what expensive is for a gun if you think that $1k is high for a stock.

In the last 3 months, I have sold 2 of the skel stocks. One for $750 and some trade, and another, recently, on here for $500. Do I feel guilty? Both of the guys that I sold these stocks to were happier than a punk in jail to get them.

Should I lower my price to $150 just because you FEEL that is a fair price? You want more money? Get a job that pays more.You want a budget shotgun that has cheep stocks, get an 870.

Why not call Benelli and, oh, I dont know, BLAME THE

SOURCE?!?

I hear free market all the time, but the first situation that comes up where some yo-yo cant afford something, he gets all butthurt and cries price gouging.

Man up, you have a few choices here.

1.Continue to be a little girl.Cry everytime something comes along that you cant afford

2.Be a man,Make more money, buy what you want.Or dont, take a stand and just say "this sport is just out of my means"

3. Realize that a semi-expensive gun just isnt what you need. Perhaps the pawn shops, and a used Wingmaster are more your speed.

I still laugh everytime I see people on a Benelli forum crying about prices.

Grow a pair you babies.

If the M4 was made in the US, then you could buy all the collapsable stocks you wanted just like for the 870.

That is such a crock!!!!! The last time I checked, the ATFE was an enforcment agency. When did they become part of the Federal judiciary?

I'm about as law abiding as they come and respect all the laws of the land. But, it sure would be nice if a non-liberial oversight commitee was assigned to the ATFE's ability to make up laws as they see fit.

As long as HR1022 is still just a bill, how can they legally make such a ruling?

I can have as many AR collapsible stocks as I want. I can purchase collapsable stocks for Remington 870s all day long.

Okay, now that I've got that off of my chest. . . . . Happy shooting to everyone.

if stupid ******** would stop buying them for so much, then shithead gypsy scumbag motherfuckers wouldnt sell them for so much...

picard.jpg

Aww, are your feelings still hurt from when I got an obscene ammt for that stock a few months back?

Let me guess, you dont have one?

Communist Russia loves people like you. Are you aware as to the concept of "free trade" and how it works? Perhaps Google "Supply V Demand" That would be a good place to start.

Keep on pushing that petition to get a US stock made. Im sure that will pay off in 30 or so years.

Meanwhile, instead of bitching, how about get off your dead ass and invent one yourself. Or do you not have enough gumption to do that, and would prefer that someone else do the work while you reap the benefits.. Perhaps Old Russia is the place for you afterall. You dont seem to like how America works.

Man up you *****, make more money. Buy what you want.

***** ***** *****, Thats all im hearing is a bunch of crying by little communist girls, that think that everyone should be entitled to everything.

WTF did you buy a damn M4 for if you are hurting in the $$ area? If people are paying the prices, obviously its worth it. Otherwise, guess what, wait for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,THEY WOULDNT BUY IT!

Is a M4 the first gun over a grand that you own? If so, welcome to the world of expensive ****. If not, are you still this nieve? You people dont have a CLUE what expensive is for a gun if you think that $1k is high for a stock.

In the last 3 months, I have sold 2 of the skel stocks. One for $750 and some trade, and another, recently, on here for $500. Do I feel guilty? Both of the guys that I sold these stocks to were happier than a punk in jail to get them.

Should I lower my price to $150 just because you FEEL that is a fair price? You want more money? Get a job that pays more.You want a budget shotgun that has cheep stocks, get an 870.

Why not call Benelli and, oh, I dont know, BLAME THE

SOURCE?!?

I hear free market all the time, but the first situation that comes up where some yo-yo cant afford something, he gets all butthurt and cries price gouging.

Man up, you have a few choices here.

1.Continue to be a little girl.Cry everytime something comes along that you cant afford

2.Be a man,Make more money, buy what you want.Or dont, take a stand and just say "this sport is just out of my means"

3. Realize that a semi-expensive gun just isnt what you need. Perhaps the pawn shops, and a used Wingmaster are more your speed.

I still laugh everytime I see people on a Benelli forum crying about prices.

Grow a pair you babies.

oh how i do love my new stock haha:D DSC_0889_edited-1.jpg