US Made Benelli M4 Collapsible Stock

StrangerDanger

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're gonna need pics and a FULL report!

OK.....I have never seen the original Benelli calaspsable stock up close, just in pictures. So Im hoping this thing is just as good quality.

It stated that this is 922r complient. Does that mean I dont have to add another US made part? I already have Kips 7 rd tube/follower and surefire M80. Does this collaspable stock require a 4th US add on?? Or am I ok with it being made in the US?

Edited by Zeke

BTW, anyone know what that little hole in the pistol grip (directly aft of the trigger) is for? I know now. lol

I saw a pic of one (M4) yesterday with a single point sling attached right there. It had what appeared to be a small loop where the hole is and the sling was attached onto the loop. It looked pretty cool. I'll try to find that picture.

I saw a pic of one (M4) yesterday with a single point sling attached right there. It had what appeared to be a small loop where the hole is and the sling was attached onto the loop. It looked pretty cool. I'll try to find that picture.

No, that hole is not there as a location to add an accessory, although an accessory can be mounted there. When I installed my own Mesa Tactical sling attachment point in that location I found out why that hole exists.

You can add the collapsible stock to your M4 in California if you pin it so it doesn't function. Another method is to get ahold of a M1014 or 11703 Receiver extension. This will prevent the stock from collapsing. Basically, you're just installing it for the look.

StrangerDanger

I am adding this ProMag US made collapsible stock to my M4. Am I 922r complient? I currently have Kips 7rd mag/follower, , Surefire M80. With this stock being made in the US, do I need another US made part in order to be legal?? I live in PA.

Zeke,

Yes, you'll be compliant. You have three US Made parts currently. When adding the Benelli factory collapsible stock, you must add four US made parts since the stock and the pistol grip count for two parts. Given that both of these parts are US made, you won't be penalized.

Now, if you have a stock Benelli M4, and add this US Made stock set, and the handguard, you would not be 922 compliant. You'd still need one more US made part to get into compliance.

Are the rules different for pump guns than semi's, or did they change? When I was stationed in CA from 07-09, I bought a brand new FN TPS with a C-Stock and Pistol Grip at some gun store called Traders or something. I highly doubt that a store of that size would have been selling illegal firearms NIB.

Edited by Copenhagen

He also indicated that he had heard that these were being produced in conjunction with Benelli somehow. In fact, he thought that Benelli had asked Pro Mag to make this part given all the import restrictions on the original factory model.

Just got off the Phone with Benelli Tech Support: 301.283.6981 Benelli USA has no working relationship with Pro Mag Industries. Also stated - never heard of ProMag Industries and we haven't tested any aftermarket C-Stocks.

Just got off the Phone with Benelli Tech Support: 301.283.6981 Benelli USA has no working relationship with Pro Mag Industries. Also stated - never heard of ProMag Industries and we haven't tested any aftermarket C-Stocks.

lol you actually think they are going to tell you that info? I have some ocean front property in Arizona I'd like to talk to you about.

Zeke,

Yes, you'll be compliant. You have three US Made parts currently. When adding the Benelli factory collapsible stock, you must add four US made parts since the stock and the pistol grip count for two parts. Given that both of these parts are US made, you won't be penalized.

Now, if you have a stock Benelli M4, and add this US Made stock set, and the handguard, you would not be 922 compliant. You'd still need one more US made part to get into compliance.

Gotcha.......Thats what I thought, but I wanted to ask a Pro!

I just hope it says.. "Made In the US" ... on it somewhere.

I could actually take off my Surefire M80 and put the stock Benelli forearm back on and still be complient.

Cant figure out why a US made collaspsible hasnt come out sooner.

Edited by Zeke

lol you actually think they are going to tell you that info? I have some ocean front property in Arizona I'd like to talk to you about.

So we now have a corporate surreptitious plan between Benelli & ProMag. Resulting in deception of the public, for sure that makes loads of sense.

As for Arizona, when they vote next week to take control of the Grand Canyon and Federal Lands, I will be interested in purchasing prime hunting property.

Edited by crofton

Are the rules different for pump guns than semi's, or did they change? When I was stationed in CA from 07-09, I bought a brand new FN TPS with a C-Stock and Pistol Grip at some gun store called Traders or something. I highly doubt that a store of that size would have been selling illegal firearms NIB.

One place to look for answers:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.calguns.net%2Fcaawid%2Fsgflowchart.pdf&ei=-KOUUJSwOuie2AWFwIHABA&usg=AFQjCNHgTa7T_y25zvwZq4JZN7IFU5X3Sg&sig2=a4bUtPhty-8anUklfVWpUw&cad=rja

That chart shot should be titled": "A guide to snaring and convicting innocent people"

Can you imagine if some how they got criminals to even worry about that flow chart.

Next time you have some vacation, come out to Arizona and enjoy some true freedom. Yes, we even allow comrades from California and Illinois carry firearms open or concealed carry without any Nazi papers or permits. It's so dangerous to be a criminal here that most crimes are relegated to burglary type crimes. Robbery is pretty rare for the obvious reasons.

Vote with your dollars and abandon the sinking ship. Afterall, Arizona isn't all deserts.

Arizona carry of a Benelli M4. Loaded of course.

5386519131_8c4cc03b5a_b.jpg