• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benelli Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AVATactical.com

Announcement: AVA Mod1 for the Benneli M4

The unit won’t work on a M2.

They're still in operations. Just waiting for the next run of them to be finished up. I don’t think there is a preorder list, and usually it isn’t necessary.

The unit won’t work on a M2.

They're still in operations. Just waiting for the next run of them to be finished up. I don’t think there is a preorder list, and usually it isn’t necessary.

I'm worried about the "...usually isn't necessary." part.

With my timing I'll come back 2 months later to find out they are sold out again.

They do large batch runs. The last release lasted for about 9 months. I’m not sure if the production numbers have changed for this batch. I’m waiting on some myself for projects.

It’s a one man show relying on vendors to do the machining and anodizing. You’re at the mercy of their whims.

You don’t see anyone selling theirs unless they upgraded to a newer model.

I have a Surefire M600DF and would like to attach this light to my Benelli M4 for coyote hunting around my property at night. Will the AVA mount they are in the process of making be able to mount the M600DF with a factory body? I have a surefire non-flared tailcap for the light already but am worried the mount will not accomodate the factory “lugs” on the surefire body. I am also not aware of any aftermarket body that will fit the M600DF lights.

Edited by Aaren500

I have a Surefire M600DF and would like to attach this light to my Benelli M4 for coyote hunting around my property at night. Will the AVA mount they are in the process of making be able to mount the M600DF with a factory body? I have a surefire non-flared tailcap for the light already but am worried the mount will not accomodate the factory “lugs” on the surefire body. I am also not aware of any aftermarket body that will fit the M600DF lights.

Not sure about being able to use the standard Surefire DF body, altho he did say in a post somewhere in this thread, that the new mounts design will probably be driven by the fact that Surefire was bringing the new larger body scout DF to market. To use his words "lumens is king".

That said, how do you like the new DF? Have you compared it's lighting power using the rechargeable battery Vs the Lith 123 batteries?

Not sure about being able to use the standard Surefire DF body, altho he did say in a post somewhere in this thread, that the new mounts design will probably be driven by the fact that Surefire was bringing the new larger body scout DF to market. To use his words "lumens is king".

That said, how do you like the new DF? Have you compared it's lighting power using the rechargeable battery Vs the Lith 123 batteries?

The M600DF is awesome. Very bright with the 123 batteries. I have not used the 18650 batteries with it yet. Im going to wait until the 123’s die and then upgrade to the 18650. I do not recommend this light for tight indoor spaces. Lighter colored walls tend to reflect a lot of light and it is very bright. An Intellibeam model would fix this problem I suppose.

Good deal. I have a couple of the Scouts, a M600 on my M4 and a M300 on my 590A1. Another option, maybe you know is the IWC Scout light mount.

I have used both the AVA and the IWC and I have gone back to the IWC mount on my M4. I decided that like it better than the AVA mount. You know how it is...messing around and trying different stuff.:D

Yeah, the AVA Mount just looks so much cleaner than the IWC but I have not used either one. Im really hoping the AVA M4 Mount can accomodate the factory DF scout bodies. If so I will order right away.

Thanks Stanger Danger it's reassuring I can't wait for them to get light mounts back in stock and also I placed an order last week for some sling QD clip and I was hoping they were still shipping out stuff that's in stock.