Announcement: AVA Mod1 for the Benneli M4

AVATactical.com

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The unit won’t work on a M2.

They're still in operations. Just waiting for the next run of them to be finished up. I don’t think there is a preorder list, and usually it isn’t necessary.

I'm worried about the "...usually isn't necessary." part.

With my timing I'll come back 2 months later to find out they are sold out again.

I have a Surefire M600DF and would like to attach this light to my Benelli M4 for coyote hunting around my property at night. Will the AVA mount they are in the process of making be able to mount the M600DF with a factory body? I have a surefire non-flared tailcap for the light already but am worried the mount will not accomodate the factory “lugs” on the surefire body. I am also not aware of any aftermarket body that will fit the M600DF lights.

Edited by Aaren500

I have a Surefire M600DF and would like to attach this light to my Benelli M4 for coyote hunting around my property at night. Will the AVA mount they are in the process of making be able to mount the M600DF with a factory body? I have a surefire non-flared tailcap for the light already but am worried the mount will not accomodate the factory “lugs” on the surefire body. I am also not aware of any aftermarket body that will fit the M600DF lights.

Not sure about being able to use the standard Surefire DF body, altho he did say in a post somewhere in this thread, that the new mounts design will probably be driven by the fact that Surefire was bringing the new larger body scout DF to market. To use his words "lumens is king".

That said, how do you like the new DF? Have you compared it's lighting power using the rechargeable battery Vs the Lith 123 batteries?

Not sure about being able to use the standard Surefire DF body, altho he did say in a post somewhere in this thread, that the new mounts design will probably be driven by the fact that Surefire was bringing the new larger body scout DF to market. To use his words "lumens is king".

That said, how do you like the new DF? Have you compared it's lighting power using the rechargeable battery Vs the Lith 123 batteries?

The M600DF is awesome. Very bright with the 123 batteries. I have not used the 18650 batteries with it yet. Im going to wait until the 123’s die and then upgrade to the 18650. I do not recommend this light for tight indoor spaces. Lighter colored walls tend to reflect a lot of light and it is very bright. An Intellibeam model would fix this problem I suppose.

Good deal. I have a couple of the Scouts, a M600 on my M4 and a M300 on my 590A1. Another option, maybe you know is the IWC Scout light mount.

I have used both the AVA and the IWC and I have gone back to the IWC mount on my M4. I decided that like it better than the AVA mount. You know how it is...messing around and trying different stuff.:D

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Last I heard Joel was having some kind of personal problems. I don’t know what that is specifically. Hopefully things get resolved for him and this show gets back on the road.

For the mean time I have been pushing the IWC mount. They’re good units and a simpler design. I like the attachment system better than the Ava Tactical Mount. The Ava Tactical Mount just looks better and rides closer to the barrel. Which creates its own problems such as light tailcap shroud contact and increased barrel shadowing. 

• 4 months later...

Hate to bring the dead back to life, but...

Hi all. My name is Rex and I am on wait-day 6 for my M1014.

Of the few mods I want to apply out of the gate, a light mount is one. And, as I like to “do it right the first time”, AVA’s offerings have made the top of my list. 

Having found zero bearing on a timeline for AVA mount availability I recently ordered IWC components to mount my SF Fury but would still like to come by an AVA solution, even if the timeline is longer (but at least known or anticipated). 

Anyone have line of sight to AVA’s resumed production?

Thanks in advance. 

-Rex

• 3 months later...

IWC is solid but was looking more for something I can get the light source closer to the end of the barrel. Am I missing something with the IWC mount? Im unsure if that's doable.

I'm done waiting for AVA to come around, but when he comes back, I'm sure I'll be back on aboard.

5 hours ago, roncruiser said:

IWC is solid but was looking more for something I can get the light source closer to the end of the barrel. Am I missing something with the IWC mount? Im unsure if that's doable.

I'm done waiting for AVA to come around, but when he comes back, I'm sure I'll be back on aboard.

You’re after the holy grail of weapon lights. Light up near the muzzle and the activation switch at the handguard. 

Had Steiner made their mag cap replacement light have a remote activation switch, it would have been a winner.