Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benelli Forums
Hastings

Best Benelli M4 Trigger?

I'm attempting to comply with 922r, and part of that is educating myself on triggers.  Maybe you guys can help me.

1.  Geissele:  It appears it doesn't matter how good this one is, as they don't maker them anymore?

2.  Briley:  As always, the website sounds great, but like the others, I know nothing about them.  I'm a noob.  I did observe that they require you to send in the trigger group, and they do the install.  Not sure if this is good or bad?

3.  benelliparts.net:  I'm curious who actually manufactures their triggers.  Is it the same people making triggers for FFT, or does everyone do their own thing?

4.  FFT:  Same question... who makes their triggers, and how do they perform over time.  They're the only ones I saw mentioning trigger pull in pounds, and they say it's reduced from 8.25 lbs to 6.25 lbs.

Thanks for any guidance, and maybe names of other companies I should be looking at.

Geissele made only a hammer. The only performance benefit from it was how hard the surface treatment is. They show very little wear after thousands of rounds. Even the OEM hammer gets beat up a little when hitting the firing pin and the base of the bolt carrier. They’re not worth the retarded prices we see since I have never seen a M4 hammer work out to the point that it stopped functioning. 

I’ve installed probably 50 sets of FFT trigger packs. I haven’t had one fail. I have had to fit a few to certain trigger packs in the past. The fitting was minor. Mainly the hammer wouldn’t move freely since the trigger frame was too narrow. This only occurred on the old aluminum OEM frames. Not saying it can’t happen on the polymer ones, but I haven’t seen it. These trigger kits are getting difficult to get from FFT. It’s always a waiting game for the past few years. I have no idea who actually makes them for them. 

Briley makes decent stuff and would be an excellent option. Some don’t like the titanium nitrate finish on the trigger. You could have it painted whatever color you want. I’m not sure if they make the parts in house or not. 

I have no experience with the set that Benelliparts sells. 

• Upvote 1

Like what was said, the color of the trigger is the only complaint I have.  But, people that see it know its Briley when they see it.  It's an amazing trigger.  Going to send my trigger group for my SBE II to them and let them do the same to it.

BenelliParts.net trigger is great, have two of them, no issues with either the polymer trigger group or the aluminum one. 

ShootingSight makes a hammer to get you one 922R compliant part.  www.shootingsight.com

S7 rolled plate tool steel that is wire EDM cut, then NiB coated for smoothness and wear resistance.

Edited by shootingsight

37 minutes ago, shootingsight said:

ShootingSight makes a hammer to get you one 922R compliant part.  www.shootingsight.com

S7 rolled plate tool steel that is wire EDM cut, then NiB coated for smoothness and wear resistance.

I bought a ShootingSight hammer to compliment the other 922(r) parts that I had ready for a trigger assembly build.  ShooterSight's hammer is high quality and I would recommend it, especially since it's available! I personally liked the laser etched raising of the flag at Iwo Jima logo.

The 922r rules are among the silliest laws created by BATF. The other big one in my opinion is requiring non FFL's to overnight, where from FFL to FFL it can be done normally.

I mean, for the 922r, we can create exactly what is available already to the rest of the world and our police force, but for us only after a set number of US parts to make compliance. 🤔

Edited by bambihunter

I had problems with my FFT trigger groups disconnector not releasing the hammer. Called Todd and he said oh well so I’m using the hammer and trigger with factory disconnect. 

1 hour ago, Flash_120 said:

I had problems with my FFT trigger groups disconnector not releasing the hammer. Called Todd and he said oh well so I’m using the hammer and trigger with factory disconnect. 

Was this from the latest FFT batch?  What trigger housing do you have?  Plastic or the older aluminum?

He really said, "oh well"? 

11 hours ago, Milspec said:

Was this from the latest FFT batch?  What trigger housing do you have?  Plastic or the older aluminum?

He really said, "oh well"? 

Let's hope that wasn't his attitude towards his products...

• Like 1

I'm starting to think the polymer trigger frames are to blame for a lot of the FFT fitting issues. I have ClackClackBAM's trigger pack here. The hammer hangs up on the disconnector. So I swapped his FFT kit for a brand new set I got in today. Same exact issue. I dropped both kits in to an A&S Engineering frame and it worked just fine. I tried the FFT in a spare polymer frame I had in the safe. More disconnector hang ups and tight fit around the hammer.

• Upvote 1