Best Full Length Magazine Tube For The Benelli M4?

Raw Melody

Carrier Comp:

Price - $189

Link - Unable to post links because of my post count :(, look it up in google :)

V.S

Freedom Fighter Tactical:

Price - $240

Link -

If there is another quality tube, do not hesitate to throw it out there.

Also, a few questions:

1) What is the capacity of the factory full length tube made by benelli, and would it be better to purchase that instead of an aftermarket model?

2) What are the pros and cons of steel vs titanium tubes?

well if you want a ear ring and are allergic to nickle the answer is titanium as steel can have a very high nickle content (i have a daughter and many titanium is used in many medical applications)...they strongest titanium rods are stronger then many steel rods..however the best steel rods will be stronger then the best titanium rods...however titanium is like 40% weight of steel (i think) so you could increase thickness of the titanium rod and get much lighter weight then steel rod of the same thickness...its all mute point..steel rust and titanium does not...i see absoulutly no issue with the titannium tubes if the price point is less...good luck with whatever you decide to purchase

Daves metal works has them for $75. They work great. I've installed about 10 of them for several customers. I personally got one back when there was only 1 person on the forums selling them for $200. Socomguy i think was the user name.

daves is cheap because its steel, im looking to get titanium if i dont see any cons

also does the factory benelli have a 7 shell capacity?

Wasn't there a video of someone driving over the same titanium tube that Kip uses with a truck without it deforming?

I haven't seen the Freedom Fighter Tactical tubes, but I have three carriercomp titanium tubes. I can't imagine how the fit and finish would be any better. So why pay more? Furthermore, carriercomp gives you a US made follower. Right there, you'll be two parts down towards 922 compliance.

daves is cheap because its steel, im looking to get titanium if i dont see any cons

also does the factory benelli have a 7 shell capacity?

There are NO cons to carriercomp's ti tube. It simply doesn't get any better.

Benelli's full tube holds 7 rounds but it's not US made so you really shouldn't go that route.

Carriercomp is one of the nicest tubes you can get. The only con is he is very busy making awesome ****, so you might have to be patient.

If you want your tube REALLY quick go FFT, if you want to wait a month for a quality tube that will make you wet yourself upon installation go carriercomp.

• 4 weeks later...

I got my Carriercomp tube in on the 14th but still need a heat gun. It is a perfect match. I am trying to create an album on here but need practice I guess. When I took pictures outside without flash is when the pics matched what you see in person. Also got pictures of a local patrol officers M4 with the CC tube and his is the same. I'd swear it was parked steel if I didn't know better. It matches better than the stock tube. I will try to master uploading photos just as soon as I complete the swap.

Raw, it's a brincat mag tube - I am going to paint the rail and the barrel and attachments all black when the weather warms up a bit more and I can do it out side. - I will not have to paint the mag nor the blackbore choke on it and will have a serious looking black shotty.

I got my Carriercomp tube in on the 14th but still need a heat gun. It is a perfect match. I am trying to create an album on here but need practice I guess. When I took pictures outside without flash is when the pics matched what you see in person. Also got pictures of a local patrol officers M4 with the CC tube and his is the same. I'd swear it was parked steel if I didn't know better. It matches better than the stock tube. I will try to master uploading photos just as soon as I complete the swap.

When did you order the tube that arrived on the 14th? Just wondering what the leadtimes are today>

Thanks!

When did you order the tube that arrived on the 14th? Just wondering what the leadtimes are today>

Thanks!

I don't remember the tube order date. I do recall it arriving sooner than the anticipated 5 weeks. The Urbino stock I ordered took longer than that while they sorted out Limbsaver recoil pad supply. I actually got 2 M4's and was checking the CC home page, I believe it said orders through Feb 25th have shipped so it seems like he's nailing the ETA's.

If I pick up that SBEII tomorrow the next CC mag tube will have to wait.

• 2 years later...

Well now that this topic has been resurrected, I have to chime in... over the years there has been much discussion here of the pro and con of various after market FL tubes. Do a search... issues of relative weight, finish, color, galling, cost, delivery time and even "veteran status". The consumer has many choices and several good products.

Just a reminder... I'm still making FL tubes, 100% satisified customers after 7 years and always immediate delivery. Info at [email protected]

"The Best" is found according to application I guess. To me, the best was the one most people were thrilled with, which was Carriercomp titanium. However, after waiting months for mine to arrive, I stumbled into the OEM full mag tubes by Benelli, and thought, that would make my low serial number Flagg version gun more OEM/military complete. I put one of those on and the only difference is authenticity. It is military correct with the Benelli OEM tube,, except for the 3 piece trigger group, mag spring and follower which makes it comply with 922r.

I think I am going to eventually get a standard M4 that I will not treat with kids-gloves and can use the titanium mag tube on that. It is slightly lighter (holding one in each hand), so that would be good in field uses. But steel tubes would be right there with them in functionality.

So to me, it just depends on whether you are building a field (working) gun or a collector gun.