Whats the best m lok handguard for the benelli m4?

Anon4755

If you do a review on it, I'd look forward to reading it. I've seen YouTube videos that show installing the plastic end pieces are a bit tricky, but the recommendation to put them in boiling water for a bit might be a good idea. I'd probably try that only if I felt it warranted it after having struggles initially.

I always assumed the Truckee was polymer and realized only recently that it is aluminum.

I’ll write something up when I get it and see if the install issues are as big of a deal. I guess the end pieces that fit into the barrel hanger and receiver hanger are polymer and might need some minor fitting. Boiling the parts might soften them up while you do the install. The fit should be set then. Something like that I don’t mind, but I don’t want issues like the Agency Arms rail has or the Strike Industries.

I’m going to install a Railscales QDX sling mount. Then a Arisaka MLOK in-line light mount for the Modlite PLHv2, 18650 body, Surefire tape switch tailcap, then a Unity Tactical MLOK Hot-Button. From there, I’ll work an IR light/laser option for active aiming. Maybe the Surefire 

Not sure about rail covers or wire looming. Maybe a Surefire X400V with the tape switch back. I don’t think a MAWL would be worth the cost and I’m not sure how well it would hold up to the Benelli’s recoil. 

• Upvote 2

The 15" Truckee looks interesting.  I'm just not sure if I'd like the feel and weight.  They appear to be pretty low profile.

Idk if I could justify it.  For my applications I don't need a lot of stuff hanging off the M4.

Edited by Milspec
  • Upvote 1

I can’t find weight specs for the Truckee rails at various lengths. I’m not opposed to chopping it up to route wiring inside the rail if it’ll work and keep the wire safe. 

My only need is for a sling mount and the weapon light far forward. I won’t be mounting any of those forward grips on it. 

Anyway, it should be a fun project to experiment with. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2022 at 9:26 PM, Unobtanium said:

On 1/20/2022 at 6:42 PM, Evolution said:

Anything Unobtainium says, regarding the M4/M1014, you can take to the bank. I bought 2 of these, one for my M4 and the other for my 590A1 after reading this thread a few days ago . Shipped from Hong Kong. Got them today. Very fast, like 3 days to where I'm at visiting in California.

Quality is excellent, and you won't damage your thumb. 

BTW, I have a SUREFIRE SCOUT M300 ON THE 590A1 AND A SUREFIRE SCOUT M600 on the M4.

I received my tail cap order very quickly as well.

I can’t figure out how to remove the lanyard ring. Do either of you know?

Un screw the tail cap end. They make a special tool for it, or you can take needle nose or similar pliars, place them in the indents, and unscrew it. This will allow removal of the clip as well as replacement of the boot if necessary at any juncture.

Edited by Unobtanium
  • Upvote 1

On 1/14/2022 at 3:14 PM, SnidelyWhiplash said:

What is the benefit with these type of handguards? Is it just for better positioning of a light?  I use the IWC light / sling mount on my M4’s and like that setup. I can’t think of what additional accessories anyone would put on a shotgun handguard other than a light / sling. Or maybe it’s just for looks? All of the above? ?

A light closer to the muzzle will have less shadowing effect

• Upvote 1

There are many reasons I like my Agency Arms handguard. I can mount a light bar extension on the Mlok and move my Modlite further forward decreasing shadowing, I can also add a pressure pad, a extra shell on the rail, and also have a hand stop mounted underneath via the mlock. My latest addition is a nano tool and holder to adjust my aimpoint red-dot sight.

Additionally I can add G10 scales, or use presently, bcm mlok rail covers for grip enhancement 

20220209_192842.thumb.jpg.6628331e402eb79a92583fa5d883d349.jpg20220209_192850.thumb.jpg.8e3fce79c4760c5c94aeabb11efa171a.jpg

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dkay67 said:

There are many reasons I like my Agency Arms handguard. I can mount a light bar extension on the Mlok and move my Modlite further forward decreasing shadowing, I can also add a pressure pad, a extra shell on the rail, and also have a hand stop mounted underneath via the mlock. My latest addition is a nano tool and holder to adjust my aimpoint red-dot sight.

Additionally I can add G10 scales, or use presently, bcm mlok rail covers for grip enhancement 

20220209_192842.thumb.jpg.6628331e402eb79a92583fa5d883d349.jpg20220209_192850.thumb.jpg.8e3fce79c4760c5c94aeabb11efa171a.jpg

That watch band. Where did you get it?