Scalarworks and RMR

SHARP1983

2 minutes ago, Ben elLes said:

I would like to know the best of the affordable red dot options available.  Having never used one it’s hard to justify the 700 for the T2 if I don’t know that I like it.  

Vortex are always highly rated and not terribly pricey. Much as I hate to say it, reviews on Amazon are usually pretty helpful.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, StreetSweeper56 said:

Vortex are always highly rated and not terribly pricey. Much as I hate to say it, reviews on Amazon are usually pretty helpful.

I happened to have 150 gift card balance collecting dust on Amazon.  Looks like I’m trying out a crossfire. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/22/2022 at 5:21 PM, Ben elLes said:

I happened to have 150 gift card balance collecting dust on Amazon.  Looks like I’m trying out a crossfire. 

I have the Vortex Venom mounted on the stock rail. It works well. I just wish it were motion activated. 

2 hours ago, Ben elLes said:

Happy with the crossfire and the stock in the middle position.  Excellent fit.  Not sure if my sight moved or if 25 feet of difference caused me to have to move adjust it.  Perhaps this is the difference between expensive and not so expensive?

Do you mean the crossfire optic isnt holding a zero?

2 hours ago, Ben elLes said:

Was only my second time using it but I definitely had to raise it up about two inches this time yes.

That is a common trend with cheap optics, yes.  My go to optic brands are trijicon and nightforce.  Both are durable as heck, and marine proof like the benelli m4.  I can take a trijicon optic off and on repeatedly and it will still hold a true zero.  I can bash someones head in with a trijicon optic and itll hold a zero and still function.  I dont like cheap parts on my tools that i need to rely on survival with. 

• Upvote 1