Installing a Limbsaver 10403 on a Benelli M4 Collapsible Stock

StrangerDanger

12 hours ago, StrangerDanger said:

It’s definitely the 10807. The trouble is those adapter plates are really hard to find these days. Noveske made them, but they don’t seem to want to make anymore. 

The 10403 classic is more of a direct bolt on design. Unfortunately there currently isn’t an Airtech model that matches its dimensions. The 10403’s are pretty hard to find these days too. 

Limbsaver just made a run of 10403s. They are not on their site so call them to order. I have begfed them for a couple months to do a run and think they listened. Mine shipped a couple days ago.

Edited by Edgedriver77

On 10/8/2020 at 11:25 PM, Edgedriver77 said:

Limbsaver just made a run of 10403s. They are not on their site so call them to order. I have begfed them for a couple months to do a run and think they listened. Mine shipped a couple days ago.

Yeah I was going to order one but saw out of stock so I'll call if the haven't sold em!

1 hour ago, Gmcrigger2007 said:

So will the 10403 fit the field stock too ?

It should fit, but I’m not sure if the stock self taping screws are long enough. They’re also a pain to get out of the oem buttpad undamaged. You have to tap them out with a polymer punch and hammer over a block that allows the screw to come out. 

I have loved Limbsaver pads for decade(s). They really do help. But, as they all hit ~15+ year mark, they turn to tar-like substance. They stuck to gun socks, carpet in the safe, etc. Between Remington and Limbsaver, they've probably replaced 40 for me now.

If you've not heard of it, google sticky Limbsaver and you'll find a ton of them. Whether that is still an issue? I don't know. Time will tell...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2020 at 4:02 PM, Gmcrigger2007 said:

So will the 10403 fit the field stock too ?

Absolutely. The 10403 fits the field stock exactly the same as the solid pistol grip stock. And you use the screws that are from the OEM butt pad.

Iv'e installed the 10403 on the field stock I have. So I know it works.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone try this using a battery operated drill? I got around to shooting some 1650fps slugs today and I found myself here ??. I see the 10403s are in stock but don't have the recommended drill press.

Is this also still the only/preferred option we M4 users have in regards to recoil pads? Thanks!

1 hour ago, Kahamu said:

Anyone try this using a battery operated drill? I got around to shooting some 1650fps slugs today and I found myself here ??. I see the 10403s are in stock but don't have the recommended drill press.

Is this also still the only/preferred option we M4 users have in regards to recoil pads? Thanks!

I used one and a hole saw to do mine.

Edited by rubicon20032003
  • Like 1