Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Coming soon.. Benelli M4 Titanium/Steel Charging Handle


RxArms
 Share

Recommended Posts

Good evening everyone.

I am in the final stages of getting in material to produce a steel tang, titanium handle charging handle.  I will be posting more details in this thread as they come. Titanium is ordered (Coming in from USA), and the steel tang will be stainless steel to prevent corrosion, RC 40, to prevent deformation from inserting and taking out the handle.  This will be a locking charging handle.

CNC Precision made, has an outside diameter of 0.6" (5/8") which is in between the 3/4" and 1/2". Final product finish will be sand blasted for a darker grey natural titanium look. If you want to be notified when stock is in, please sign up at www.rxarms.com.

I am still settling on the design of knurl.  I have read many feedback on all kinds of handles on these forums.  I am probably going to settle on a more simple design like the previous carrier comp handle, but I will be testing a few designs first for grip of knurl, and also the force of pulling back on the handle, which may or may not attempt to rotate the locking handle.  I do not want the handle to rotate, so the knurling and the notch design will be fine tuned to prevent this from happening.

Initial stock is going to be around 65 handles, as they are pricy to make.  The next order size will be dependent upon the demand.

I know that the Carrier Comp handle is the unicorn of all M4 charging handles.  My Goal in this, is designing this handle to be the best on the market..  Any and all feedback is welcome, so feel free to ask questions!

As mentioned, visit www.rxarms.com, sign up if you want to get a notification when they are ready to ship.  Thanks!

 

 

Edited by RxArms
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks! It is an exciting product for me to release. I’m working with a very talented machine shop with knowledgeable machinists and technical engineers that are also gun enthusiasts, they CNC machined the full tubes for me and they came out looking impeccable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Canada is expensive... we get all the metal imported.  As for springs there are none to be had, Wolf is not shipping to Canada until later this year..

also, all prices are in Canadian.. so you can deduct around $80 for USD equivalent.   Can also deduct $25 for shipping as that is included, and also deduct taxes which are included currently.

Edited by RxArms
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Bluu Knight said:

will you make one for the M2 as well?

I do not have an M2, I would need to get considerable interest to commit to a titanium steel tang charging handle for the M2.  I do know that the M2 is a very popular gun in USA.  Perhaps I will put up an area where people can sign up give me an idea of demand for that.  I’ll post back here when it is live.

Edited by RxArms
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, RxArms said:

I do not have an M2, I would need to get considerable interest to commit to a titanium steel tang charging handle for the M2.  I do know that the M2 is a very popular gun in USA.  Perhaps I will put up an area where people can sign up give me an idea of demand for that.  I’ll post back here when it is live.

M2 isn’t to popular anyone since m4 came out 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As a general inquiry, what type of knurling do you all prefer to have?  I am thinking to not have such sharp knurling as to cut up the hands, but knurling with a bit more of a flat top on it that will still provide grip, but not chew up the hands.  If any of you have any input on your preference would love to hear it.  I had in mind, something similar to the attached photo.

Thanks.

knurling example.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great ! Another charging handle to add to the collection. I have one for everyday of the week.

Personally, I like the feel of raised knurling. I have enough callus built up from work so it doesn't bother me. However, some members here will probably disagree, and that flattened finish in your photo does look comfortable.

Nice work !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/19/2021 at 7:57 PM, rubicon20032003 said:

M2 isn’t to popular anyone since m4 came out 

You are probably right. Not as popular, but those that have and use them still love them. At the local shooting 3 gun and other shotgun competitions, any Benelli's used are almost universally the M1/M2. I have M1, M3, M4, SBE, Montefeltro, etc to choose from. I haven't participated much, but I am always the odd man out with my SBE. 😁 With my back issues, any shoot and move competition, I don't have a chance at winning, so just do it for fun. Might as well use my preferred gun that I use for hunting too.

Edited by bambihunter
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 4/21/2021 at 7:47 AM, bambihunter said:

You are probably right. Not as popular, but those that have and use them still love them. At the local shooting 3 gun and other shotgun competitions, any Benelli's used are almost universally the M1/M2. I have M1, M3, M4, SBE, Montefeltro, etc to choose from. I haven't participated much, but I am always the odd man out with my SBE. 😁 With my back issues, any shoot and move competition, I don't have a chance at winning, so just do it for fun. Might as well use my preferred gun that I use for hunting too.

Thanks for your input.  I know the same charging handle for the M2 will fit lots of Benelli models, I do not know if it fits the versamax, that would increase the chances of me making one.  If someone can confirm this that would be great. I do not own a versamax or M2.

Edited by RxArms
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sniiped said:

I think you would get the most response from a carrier comp clone.  I know that's what I'd most like to have.

It is probably going to end up looking similar.  But raw titanium look instead of black.  

out of curiosity if someone has the carrier comp, how long is the handle portion?

Edited by RxArms
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Steel and titanium have arrived, I'll be conducting design tests over the next couple weeks.  Ammo is slim picking up here, I was told by a local gun shop that no ammo at all has come from USA into Canada since January.  I bought up the last few hundred rounds of target load that they had, otherwise empty shelves...

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Just updating this product..  Still testing various designs on the mechanical fitting of the steel and titanium. I have settled on the weight, I will be keeping the weight of this charging handle no more than 12.5g, to match the weight of the OEM handle.  The larger titanium handle (5/8" or 0.6") is adding a bit of weight to it, but I feel it is worth it to get a bit more grabbing area than the 1/2" diameter.

Thanks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

A little teaser.  This is shiny, final version will be sand blasted, I'll try and get a photo of a blasted one this weekend.  Also, likely to reduce the wall thickness to take weight down a bit more.  But as it is, it is the same as OEM.  Doing more tests this weekend.

Went with “volcano” knurl which has a dimple at the peak of the knurl to reduce sharpness. It feels good.

 

 

89F168A4-AB5D-4566-B142-82A263B76D0C.jpeg

Edited by RxArms
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks pretty good. I haven’t wanted another charging handle since CC but I want to give this one a try. One in black would be nice.

19 minutes ago, RxArms said:

A little teaser.  This is shiny, final version will be sand blasted, I'll try and get a photo of a blasted one this weekend.  Also, likely to reduce the wall thickness to take weight down a bit more.  But as it is, it is the same as OEM.  Doing more tests this weekend.

Went with “volcano” knurl which has a dimple at the peak of the knurl to reduce sharpness. It feels good.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Pack Rat said:

Looks pretty good. I haven’t wanted another charging handle since CC but I want to give this one a try. One in black would be nice.

I will reach out to some cerakote companies and see the rates.  Black would cost more but if people want to pay it that is okay with me.  Plain sand blasted titanium will sell for cheaper.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, RxArms said:

I will reach out to some cerakote companies and see the rates.  Black would cost more but if people want to pay it that is okay with me.  Plain sand blasted titanium will sell for cheaper.

Ballpark figure? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, alpha 33 said:

Ballpark figure? 

I hate to give pricing right now (might be more than this in the end...). Canadian prices titanium raw blasted look: $110 plus probably flat rate $15 shipping includes tracking to USA/Canada.

 Converted to USD should be around $99 USD including shipping.   Trying to keep below $100 USD. 
 

cerekote I have no idea.  Waiting to hear back from some companies.

 

Edited by RxArms
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...