Jump to content

Panzer M4 Shotgun


12508
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
The Panzer is identical in all the ways that matter... Argo gas system and chrome lined barrel and the bolt appears to be the same as well. It takes the aftermarket M4 7 round tube and will accept benelli trigger and other accessories.  Stock is cheap and sights are cheap but add a mesa tactical stock and benelli sights and an optic and your looking good.

 

Edited by Ben3567754346
Text
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Fett Tracking said:

someone above just said the mag extension didnt work. can we get an a-firm?

whats the deal with urbino stocks these days? has quality gone down with mesa? 

I cannot confirm on the mag tube fitment on the Panzer, but I did install a Mesa urbino on my Benelli a couple weeks ago and the fit and finish is great. I still want the OEM collapsible, so I pre ordered it last week.?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just got my Panzer M4. Looks good. The stock is too long for me.

I was wondering if anyone has tried the Mesa Urbino Stock on the Panzer.

I talked to Mesa Tactical tech support. Nice guys there..

He said he was not sure about the fit. If the Panzer is an exact clone, it should work. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, haledamage said:

I just got my Panzer M4. Looks good. The stock is too long for me.

I was wondering if anyone has tried the Mesa Urbino Stock on the Panzer.

I talked to Mesa Tactical tech support. Nice guys there..

He said he was not sure about the fit. If the Panzer is an exact clone, it should work. 

 

You will have to, at a minimum, change out the buffer tube to a Benelli one.  Panzer attaches the stock completely differently from the m4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So the Mesa Stock and handguard fit no modification required. I bought a fft tube extension it is too long by and inch so waiting on my full tube to come in. You will have to use the panzer stock bolt instead of the one that comes with the mesa stock due to the thread pitch difference. Other then the mag tube extension I haven't found a part that doesn't work yet. 

Edited by Drew54
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll throw in my two cents here, which are worth what you pay for them.

I had to make a leap, of faith to trust an autoloading shotgun for a defensive weapon.  I just didn't trust them.  Then I got an interest in them and started looking with the Mossberg 930.  Not reliable enough for me.  Looked at the Beretta, Remington and others.  Didn't know much about shotgun's when I started, nothing about Benellis.  The cost of the guns went up as I continued looking.  I noticed everything was being compared to the M-4.  That was the benchmark everyone was trying to achieve.  

Light went on in my head after some time, just buck up and get a Benelli and be done with it.  That's what I did.  I'm confused why anyone would consider a Benelli knockoff that had videos like these that show function issues.  I certainly get why someone would want a Benelli at one third the cost.  But that's not what you have here.  You have Turkish knockoffs with obvious issues that affect functioning.  I don't understand wasting time and money on junk.  After watching the videos near the beginning of the AR15 thread, I would consider that gun junk, and I can't even put into words what my thinking on the metallurgy of those guns is.

I can't reconcile the idea that if you have $500-$600 to throw away on junk, that you wouldn't have $1800 to put down on something good.  Because it is the throwing away of $600 part that I am not getting.   I understand that $1800 or so is a lot of money.  It's tossing $600 down a rathole I don't understand

The whole premise of these clones is that Benelli is WAY overcharging for their weapons.  WAY overcharging.  That Benelli is selling a $600 gun for $1800.  If that were true, someone would have knocked off Benelli a long time ago.

I know most Forums don't like you to try to sell stuff in someone else's thread but I have a really nice Porsha GToo Arr Esss that I am putting up for sale.  Made in Shenzhen, works just like the real deal.  Only asking 80,000 for it.  Yen that is...   Call me at BR-549

 

BR-549

Edited by les_garten
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gotta say..bravo & strong advocate of les-garden’s perspective regarding the pitfalls of knock off versions of the Benelli M4!!  Essentially, as the Benelli M4’s reputation grew from battle-proven deployment followed by production/offering to the civilian market..the time tested formula was set in motion: demand = rise in purchase price. This is validated by the present day price(pre-COVID) of $2,000+ for a new Benelli M4.  Quality vs. affordability is each person’s bridge to cross..and most of the time quality wins the day & saves money in long term. Personally the head-scratcher to me is, people that quantify spending $$$ on multiple shotguns while dismissing purchasing a Benelli M4 due to it’s “expensive price”??  Having said all that..clearly Benelli’s quality control in manufacturing has suffered in the face of extreme & heightened demand, question is if/when they address it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

18 hours ago, les_garten said:

I'll throw in my two cents here, which are worth what you pay for them.

I had to make a leap, of faith to trust an autoloading shotgun for a defensive weapon.  I just didn't trust them.  Then I got an interest in them and started looking with the Mossberg 930.  Not reliable enough for me.  Looked at the Beretta, Remington and others.  Didn't know much about shotgun's when I started, nothing about Benellis.  The cost of the guns went up as I continued looking.  I noticed everything was being compared to the M-4.  That was the benchmark everyone was trying to achieve.  

Light went on in my head after some time, just buck up and get a Benelli and be done with it.  That's what I did.  I'm confused why anyone would consider a Benelli knockoff that had videos like these that show function issues.  I certainly get why someone would want a Benelli at one third the cost.  But that's not what you have here.  You have Turkish knockoffs with obvious issues that affect functioning.  I don't understand wasting time and money on junk.  After watching the videos near the beginning of the AR15 thread, I would consider that gun junk, and I can't even put into words what my thinking on the metallurgy of those guns is.

I can't reconcile the idea that if you have $500-$600 to throw away on junk, that you wouldn't have $1800 to put down on something good.  Because it is the throwing away of $600 part that I am not getting.   I understand that $1800 or so is a lot of money.  It's tossing $600 down a rathole I don't understand

The whole premise of these clones is that Benelli is WAY overcharging for their weapons.  WAY overcharging.  That Benelli is selling a $600 gun for $1800.  If that were true, someone would have knocked off Benelli a long time ago.

I know most Forums don't like you to try to sell stuff in someone else's thread but I have a really nice Porsha GToo Arr Esss that I am putting up for sale.  Made in Shenzhen, works just like the real deal.  Only asking 80,000 for it.  Yen that is...   Call me at BR-549

 

BR-549

I read that Benelli's pattent ran out or something like that and that is why copies are now coming out. If that is true, that would be why copies never came out in the past.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Freelancer99 said:

Let's consider creating a sub-forum for cheap POSs, we'll repost this thread and everyone who considers this as a viable alternative can continue the conversation there.

so its a POS?? funny, in your vast 21 post portfolio, i didnt see where you had laid hands on it or reviewed it. some people here are Benelli snobs and look to trash anything they see as a threat to their Benelli social status. How bout just giving this shotgun a  chance in the real world and let people that actually have experience with it decide if its a POS or not?

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My bad, I thought I was enjoying the Benelli Forum, not the cheap knock-off forum.

Panzer had the choice to create something unique (like Benelli did with the M4), but decided to take the easy way out and cash in on a proven entity. At least it looks just like a Benelli!

Snobs? Benelli Social Status??? Really, what is this, high school? 

No, mature adults don't feel threatened they are just fans of the platform.

Edited by Freelancer99
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MrMilitaryPolice said:

so its a POS?? funny, in your vast 21 post portfolio, i didnt see where you had laid hands on it or reviewed it. some people here are Benelli snobs and look to trash anything they see as a threat to their Benelli social status. How bout just giving this shotgun a  chance in the real world and let people that actually have experience with it decide if its a POS or not?

It's not snobbery to watch a few videos that show it's a piece of junk and make a determination.  I don't need to buy one to see that.  That's what the youtube world does for us, keeps everyone from making the same mistakes.  Like I said, who wouldn't want a Benelli for $600?  However, I wouldn't put $100 into that gun in the video on the ar-15 forum.  I don't see the point.  That gun was one buttload of major malfunctions looking for an excellent opportunity to catastrophically fail.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...