Jump to content

Still looking for a M4 collapsible stock. Crazy these are so hard to find.


Jaason0
 Share

Recommended Posts

They're super easy to find, you just have to pay to play, or be patient until pricing  gets back to normal (assuming they ever do).

I got lucky on my last one. I spent 4 hours a day for almost two weeks, but finally tracked one down for $275.00, surprisingly within 15 minutes of my house.

In hindsight, I'm not entirely sure the stress of spending all that time consumed with my search was worth the $225.00 I saved by not getting on Benelliparts waiting list ?.

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Nocturnalnature said:

They're super easy to find, you just have to pay to play, or be patient until pricing  gets back to normal (assuming they ever do).

I got lucky on my last one. I spent 4 hours a day for almost two weeks, but finally tracked one down for $275.00, surprisingly within 15 minutes of my house.

In hindsight, I'm not entirely sure the stress of spending all that time consumed with my search was worth the $225.00 I saved by not getting on Benelliparts waiting list ?.

 

Great point. Now that u have one do u think it worth 500 like on benelli parts net? Guess i m curious how u like it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As Nocturnal said, they are not hard to find.  I just looked on Gunbroker and there are 11 for sale there, and another 4 on E-bay.

If you want one, there are plenty out there.   If you want to save some money, and have patience, you are going to have to wait for the next Benelliparts pre-order to open up.

Price wise, the market dictates that.  If you want ammo, gotta pay today’s price.  Want to hold out for the 2 years ago price, you ain’t gonna have any ammo, maybe ever.  Want to buy some Amazon stock at the price from 3 years ago?  Ain’t gonna happen.  So, if you want a C-stock the current market is $850-$1000, or $500 with patience from Benelliparts. Is your patience worth the $350-$500 savings, only you can answer that.

From what I gather (and I may be wrong on this) Benelli isn’t really shipping these to the US currently.  So you are looking for something no one can just go buy.  Benelliparts has a connection somewhere and he gets them in spurts, along with other OEM Benelli parts not found anywhere else.  Not sure I have seen the OEM muzzle brake anywhere other than from him. 

If I was building another M4, and wanted a C-stock on it, I’d buy a somewhat readily available 1014 to begin with and buy a 3 position recoil tube to install on it.   

Edited by RAIII
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’d buy a M1014 and a 11707 or other model that has the 3 position receiver extension. Then I’d take the stock from the M1014 and install it on the 11707. Put the fixed pistol grip stock on the M1014 and recoups the majority of my cash out of its sale. 
 

Bigger upfront cash layout, but you’d have the stock you want for 350-450 dollars and it would be had as soon as they shotguns delivered. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Sooooo... the M1014 has a collapsable stock that won't collapse because of the fixed length recoil tube, and the 11707 has a 3-position recoil tube with a standard stock...?  You can't make this stuff up. ?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, pi314 said:

Sooooo... the M1014 has a collapsable stock that won't collapse because of the fixed length recoil tube, and the 11707 has a 3-position recoil tube with a standard stock...?  You can't make this stuff up. ?

Yep. Gotta love it. ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I found one today at a pawn shop. He thought it was for an ar15. I bought it and he took an additional $5 off. Didn’t come with the pistol grip but I have one on the way. I’ll have $216 in the grip and $35 in the buttstock. ??

For the one I’m already using, I bought the 1014, swapped and resold with a fixed stock. After gunbroker fees I lost right around 300-350 I believe.   

274C357E-350D-474F-A3C6-210B7D817016.jpeg

Edited by Cornerstone
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Cornerstone said:

I found one today at a pawn shop. He thought it was for an ar15. I bought it and he took an additional $5 off. Didn’t come with the pistol grip but I have one on the way. I’ll have $216 in the grip and $35 in the buttstock. ??

For the one I’m already using, I bought the 1014, swapped and resold with a fixed stock. After gunbroker fees I lost right around 300-350 I believe.   

274C357E-350D-474F-A3C6-210B7D817016.jpeg

Only thing that sucks .Pistol grip needs a few parts like nut,pin.and other two  pieces .Bought a takeoff butt at mydealer too.Pistol grip cost more then stock.Freedom fighter was only place I found pistol grip 

Edited by rubicon20032003
Link to comment
Share on other sites

$200 comes with everything. +$16.50 shipping. Grip only was $60, then I would have needed everything you mentioned. 

Had I not got the stock so cheap, I wouldn’t have paid $200+ shipping for the grip. 

Edited by Cornerstone
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Cornerstone said:

$200 comes with everything. +$16.50 shipping. Grip only was $60, then I would have needed everything you mentioned. 

Had I not got the stock so cheap, I wouldn’t have paid $200+ shipping for the grip. 

We’re you get a complete grip for $200.Mine I got from freedom was a grip and housing for $200 with no guts.

90DD8586-5B9E-441B-B0A2-CF7093DA2701.png

Edited by rubicon20032003
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, MrMilitaryPolice said:

have you checked EBAY? i know people buy low and sell at a profit there. perhaps you'll get lucky..............

I have checked ebay a few times - same insanity over there with even the New Zealand clone going for $500 plus.  Sitting out the madness for now.  These are the beanie babies of the gun world.  About the only place to get them at a (ahem) "reasonable" price is to luck out on benelli parts dot net if you can find the 30 second window they open for pre-order.  Not too happy that FFT being a re-seller (as well as the Benelli OEM site I believe) requires LE creds to buy the collapsable stock, but that's their prerogative. 

 

What boggles my mind is that no one is making a solid, reliable clone given the ridiculous demand.  Pro Mag used to make a convincing-looking clone but the reviews panned it as garbage and it's been out of production for a long time.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/5/2021 at 1:13 PM, Cornerstone said:

I found one today at a pawn shop. He thought it was for an ar15. I bought it and he took an additional $5 off. Didn’t come with the pistol grip but I have one on the way. I’ll have $216 in the grip and $35 in the buttstock. ??

For the one I’m already using, I bought the 1014, swapped and resold with a fixed stock. After gunbroker fees I lost right around 300-350 I believe.   

274C357E-350D-474F-A3C6-210B7D817016.jpeg

Bragging rights!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...