Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FFT Oversized Bolt Release Button - New Product

I'll admit they look nice, and to offer two shapes of pads is a nice plus... but there are more affordable alternatives that are just as effective and aesthetically pleasing

3 hours ago, TKAN53 said:

Looks nice!

Here's one I put together using a 1911 extended mag release button. Just had to drill and tap for a 5-40 screw to fit.  All for about $25

IMG_1105.JPG

Fine job right there!

That's a well thought out and well executed project.

I work in a machine shop. It is super easy to just drill and tap it yourself. So basically your paying about 75 or more for them to drill and tap it for you. Maybe you could drill and tap and they d sell you just the screw in part. 

6 minutes ago, calviroman said:

Looks great and may pick one up.  I've always just run the OEM bolt release and can certainly agree the factory one is a good bit too small.

20210226_160713.jpg

Nice entry setup .I had a question.What’s label thing on side of it 

Nice entry.  (is the an echo in here?)

Can't wait to get mine out of jail.  Never had a problem with the OEM bolt release on my Super 90, so I'm not sure I'll make the oversize change when I start with my 14".

The larger the button, the easier it is to break the post the button is mounted to. This post is welded into the body of the stamped sheet metal latch. If you hit it hard or twist it, it can break the weld and you end up with a shitty fidget spinner.

I broke a GG$G years ago when unscrewing the pad without holding the pad with a wrench. GG$G did replace it for me.

I wish FFT had spent more time improving the latch so that it was easier/smoother to load the M4. They’re set up with a plater too, wouldn’t hurt to have the latch Np3 plated. This added value would make the price point more palatable and would possibly convince owners who already have a GG$G to upgrade. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, rubicon20032003 said:

Nice entry setup .I had a question.What’s label thing on side of it 

Thanks!  The sticker is just a UID Sticker.  You can get them from Carolina Laserworks for $10.  I have no relation with the company, just bought eight or so of their stickers over the years.  It's primarily a "cloner" thing.

https://carolinalaserworks.ecwid.com/